cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74SX Batteries wear level keep on increasing

gg31hh
Level 7
Hi,

I recently discuss within AsusROG forum about 'whether to leave the batteries in the computer while plugged in or not"

and which everyone advice me to leave it on and use it like normal.

However Its been 2 weeks ive tried leaving my G74SX batteries in and use it like normal............

I come to find (within HWINFO64) My batteries wear level increase from 3% to 3.5% and now 3.8%

Please advice...... I really really hoping its the Hwinfo isnt picking it up right.

More info:
Design Capacity 78000mWh
Full charged Capacity 75000mWh
33 REPLIES 33

BrodyBoy
Level 10
Yeah....that doesn't sound right at all. I used one G74 for a month (battery always installed) and HWINFO didn't show any change in wear level. I have another Asus laptop that's about a year old and the battery wear level is currently at 6.8%. So 3.8% in two months sounds like a lot. 😞

BrodyBoy wrote:
Yeah....that doesn't sound right at all. I used one G74 for a month (battery always installed) and HWINFO didn't show any change in wear level. I have another Asus laptop that's about a year old and the battery wear level is currently at 6.8%. So 3.8% in two months sounds like a lot. 😞

Mine is 3-4 months old now and I just ran hwinfo - battery wear is 0.0%. But it may have been on battery for a total of less than 10 minutes.
Norsky48

G750JX, 32GB, 256GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Blu-Ray Burner
AMERICA: Stirred, Not Shaken!

Retired
Not applicable
might have same problem?

Mine is only 2 months and it says 4.6% wear leve.

Hi all.

Yea its weird ei... Im assuming hwinfo64 just isnt always accurate.
I drain my whole batteries in bios mode...... and hwinfo64 shows 3.3% (lower than before)...... But now... I redrain it n now is 5.5% within 3 months time

its getting worst n worst...

Retired
Not applicable
yeah im gonna request a change of batteri if this continues, not even my acer notebook have wear off that quickly.

i mean common, my computer is overheating sometimes, batteri is draining quickly.

i didnt spennd 1700 euros to get some cheap shit, i even saw date of screen, was made early 2010 first januari almost 2009,

I mean common its s upposed to be a top of the line notebook ?

Geez.. The battery is there just to fulfill the term "laptop" or "notebook" on this machine anyway. For me its just an integrated UPS.
Gets pretty geeky to spend so much time with some nonsense battery wear percentages, I doubt the numbers are that accurate aspecially with that new batterypack.
But anyway, here's some fact. Li-Ion batteries love the cycles indeed, so whenever you're doing stuff that doesn't require the full performance, drain your battery all the way down, and charge her up again. And really as dry you can get it, not any windows 10%. The battery itself has a protection that doesn't allow it to be "overdrained".
Like cycle once a week or even month will keep her healthy for much longer time.
*** G74SX-TZ226V (European model) | Kingston HyperX SSD 120gb Sata-III
"STOCK" BIOS 202 (If it's not broken, why fix it.) *** <- Sold 😞

Symb wrote:
But anyway, here's some fact. Li-Ion batteries love the cycles indeed, so whenever you're doing stuff that doesn't require the full performance, drain your battery all the way down, and charge her up again. And really as dry you can get it, not any windows 10%. The battery itself has a protection that doesn't allow it to be "overdrained".
Like cycle once a week or even month will keep her healthy for much longer time.

That's actually incorrect, deep discharges reduce Li-Ion battery life by quite a number of cycles. Read the following for good info on Li-Ion batteries and life.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries
--
Yahooligan
ASUS G74SX-XR1 :cool:

Yahooligan wrote:
That's actually incorrect, deep discharges reduce Li-Ion battery life by quite a number of cycles. Read the following for good info on Li-Ion batteries and life.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

You slapped me in the face with this one indeed. Li-Ion worked pretty much the opposite way.
*** G74SX-TZ226V (European model) | Kingston HyperX SSD 120gb Sata-III
"STOCK" BIOS 202 (If it's not broken, why fix it.) *** <- Sold 😞

Batteries confuse the living donkey out of me.

Some people state that one should allow the batteries on a laptop to completely discharge every now and then, due to some stuff i really dont understand.

While other say, try never to take latop batteries under 10% (~ish), or they will die faster.

Argh!
:confused:
Everybody remember where we parked.
-James Kirk, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, after landing the cloaked Klingon bird of prey in Golden Gate park

..and yes, I drive an electric car yo.