cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to remap steam key

docgamer
Level 7
I installed a 1 tb crucial ssd in to replace my 1 tb hdd so I can load all my steam games on drive d. However I cannot figure out how to make the steam key works so that it can find the steam exe in drive d after I move it there. Pls help if you have an idea, since the rog macro key works only on m1tom3 keys.
5 REPLIES 5

BigDRim
Level 7
Install games in 😧 and keep steam installed in C:. That's what i did, though i don't like bigpicture so i don't use the key 🙂

BigDRim wrote:
Install games in 😧 and keep steam installed in C:. That's what i did, though i don't like bigpicture so i don't use the key 🙂

I don't think you can install games on drive d if your steam program is installed in c: the games usually loads to subdirectory of steam/steamapp

i also isntalled a 1tb crucial ssd but i replaces my 256 gb ssd. as for installing steam on c and runnining. games off the d drive its easy ive had mine like this with several laptops too. now what you do is create a new folder on your d drive ( i called mine game installs. now in steam go to steam > settings> downloads>steam library folders. add your new folder into it and boom your done. now when you go to download a game theres an option to install it in either the steam directory on the c drive or your new folder on your d drive . i have gmaes installed in both and my 1tb hdd is almost full so now im filling my boot ssd (1tb crucial) and yeah no issues here

docgamer
Level 7
thanks just didi it. I could not do it while in desktop mode because of lack of option menu but in regular steam menu there is.

edwin4321
Level 7
me too works great especially when you got a 95 gig c drive skyrim is 10 by itself