cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heating up Cpu and Gpu in G751JT-CH71

Adly2010
Level 7
I'm going to buy G751jt-CH71
I want to make heating up test on Cpu using prime95 and Gpu using furmark 1.14.1, while testing I will use hwinfo64 to get temperature of cpu and gpu >>> my questions:
1- Are the previous steps right ?
2- What are the accepted temperature for Cpu and Gpu?
3- While using prime95, which values must I use in the window shown in the next picture?
4- How long must I wait while using prime95 to get the maximum temperature ?
5- While using furmark, must I click 15 minute burn-in button ? How long must I wait to get the maximum temperature ?
2 REPLIES 2

ExpatGamer
Level 7
1. Since we're also investigating the fan performance, it would be great if you recorded the fan speed too. You can do that with AIDA64 or HWMonitor.
2. Thermal throttling of the CPU starts at 93C, so that's the highest you want it to get. If you're reach or get really close to the throttling threshold, you should probably consider an exchange/RMA. I exchanged mine and my temps went from 90-93C to 83-85C. There's also problem with the fan profile that is causing the fans to not run at max speed so temps should be reduced once that is patched. My GPU hits around 70C running this test.
3. Small FFT
4. 15-20 minutes should be fine.
5. Use the "GPU Stress Test" and run it at the same time as Prime95.

Post your results in the sticky thread. Since we're investigating the fans too, it would be great if you monitored your fans speeds with AIDA64 or HWMonitor.

ExpatGamer wrote:
1. Since we're also investigating the fan performance, it would be great if you recorded the fan speed too. You can do that with AIDA64 or HWMonitor.
2. Thermal throttling of the CPU starts at 93C, so that's the highest you want it to get. If you're reach or get really close to the throttling threshold, you should probably consider an exchange/RMA. I exchanged mine and my temps went from 90-93C to 83-85C. There's also problem with the fan profile that is causing the fans to not run at max speed so temps should be reduced once that is patched. My GPU hits around 70C running this test.
3. Small FFT
4. 15-20 minutes should be fine.
5. Use the "GPU Stress Test" and run it at the same time as Prime95.

Post your results in the sticky thread. Since we're investigating the fans too, it would be great if you monitored your fans speeds with AIDA64 or HWMonitor.

thanks