cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TurboMaster technology for G751jy?

Nafura
Level 7
Hi
Is TurboMaster Technology for G751jy available?
its no Software installed on my g751jy.
7 REPLIES 7

fabrimacator21
Level 7
Yeah, the Asus website says that but I don't think they are putting turbo master on them at all... there are plenty of other programs out there that will do the job though.

I believe Asus is still saying that the gpu tweak program does not support any of the G series laptops. However some are running it without problems and others can't use the overclock feature on it because of a conflicting Nvidia driver. Lots of good info in this thread..... http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?53564-G751-Performance/page2

I had problems with it and downloaded MSI Afterburner Here: http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

I haven't tried to overclock with it yet but the monitoring works great. As for the CPU, you should have Intel Extreme Utility already installed from asus.

hmscott
Level 12
Nafura wrote:
Hi
Is TurboMaster Technology for G751jy available?
its no Software installed on my g751jy.

Nafura, there isn't a program called TurboMaster from Asus, that is marketing speak 🙂

You can use Intel Extreme Tuning Utility - XTU provided with the G751 to increase the multipliers for the CPU and CPU Cache, among other tunings, that will let you get the most performance from the CPU. And, applying negative voltage offsets to the CPU/Cache let you reduce power consumption and heat.

For the GPU, Asus provides 2 GPU Tweak utilities, one for non-Optimus laptops like the G751JY/JT, and one for the Optimus laptops like the G751JM.

Asus didn't provide the GPU Tweak tool for Graphics Cards with the G751 like it did for the G750, likely because a working version wasn't ready at release

The 2.7.1.8 version works with the G751JY/JT, but doesn't currently work with the Nvidia 347.09 release - this happened once before for all G750/G751's, but worked in the next Nvidia release - it is an Nvidia bug.

Here is a post listing the downloads for both versions of the Asus GPU Tweak Tool with descriptions.

Asus GPU Tweak for Laptops vs Asus GPU Tweak for Graphics Cards
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?45644-Asus-GPU-Tweak-for-Laptops-vs-Asus-GPU-Tweak-for-Gra...

The Nvidia 347.09 driver is also breaking MSI Afterburner OC as well, so either wait for another release of the Nvidia drivers before trying OC'ing the GPU, or back up to the 344.80 release.

Have fun 🙂

Nafura
Level 7
ty,
but where is the 5% GPU overclocking?
"GeForce® GTX graphics, with TurboMaster technology for stable GPU overclocking"

Nafura wrote:
ty,
but where is the 5% GPU overclocking?
"GeForce® GTX graphics, with TurboMaster technology for stable GPU overclocking"

Nafura, the Asus Tweak tool for Graphics cards, for the G751/G750 without Optimus, has a free form entry for GPU / memory speed settings:

The Asus GPU Tweak for Laptops, for the G751JM/G750 with Optimus, limited the OC to a simple GPU Clock Off/On with 5% overclock. You don't want that, as you are leaving a lot of potential going to waste. So people use the MSI Afterburner for those laptops to set GPU/memory speed in free form. They also keep the Asus GPU Tweak for Laptops loaded for Full Fan Control.

MSI 3.x interface

A new MSI 4.1.0 with a fancy looking interface, like the EVGA PrecisionX interface

EVGA PrecisionX

But, Nvidia 347.09 isn't supporting OC right now, so either run 344.75/80 to play with OC, or wait for the next release to see if Nvidia fixes setting GPU/memory speeds again.

hmscott wrote:
They also keep the Asus GPU Tweak for Laptops loaded for Full Fan Control.

I'm looking for the GPU tweak for laptops to control the fans' speed (because yeah, msi programs actually can't do it), where can i find it? I literally can't find it, i need it for my G750JZ.

Thank you in advance for your help guys.

hexaae
Level 12
I always thought it was something at BIOS/BUS level.
I've had an MSI GX660 in the past with Turbo key that actually increased BUS from 133Mhz +5%...

Even from comparison benchmarks this ASUS seemed faster then equal MSI/Alienware with same HW. I always thought it was also thanks to the this mysterious Turbomaster slight auto-overclocking technology...
--
ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS, GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1080 144Hz G-Sync laptop screen, external monitor UWQHD 3440x1440 Mi Monitor, NVMe 4x, 8BitDo Arcade Stick, EasySMX X10 controller, ROG Strix Carry mouse

Dreamonic
Level 12