cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FE q-code error, please help

algangani
Level 7
Hi Everyone,

I just built my first pc and I'm currently getting an FE Q-code error when I try to start it up.

it goes from 00-13-15-FE. I've heard FE is for RAM errors (my ram was not situated correctly on the motherboard, but getting the same thing after I fully situated it correctly)

Also, the MEMOK light is red.

I've tried taking out my RAM, but I am still getting the same issue.

When I unhook the CPU power cable, I get 00 instead. (not sure if this helps)

Specs are:

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero
CPU: Intel core i7-4790k
RAM: G Skill Ripjaw 16GB ram (F3-14900CL10D-16GBXL)
PSU: EVGA 850

Can someone help? Been looking at this for a few hours now to no luck

Thanks
10 REPLIES 10

Nate152
Hello algangani and welcome

Double check your ram is seated properly, if this doesn't help

Try loosening your cpu cooler a touch, there may be uneven pressure on the cpu.

AliceInBroadban
Level 7
You can also start by using one stick of RAM. Start by putting it in the slot closes to the CPU, if that doesn't work, move it down one and so on.

As Natel152 suggested, make sure you have tightened your CPU cooler evenly, but not too tightly.

You can also check the CPU power cables, make sure you have plugged them incorrectly.

Puffnstuff
Level 10
According to the manual page 50 diagram 1-36 qcodes FB-FF are reserved for future AMI error codes so there is no clear definition of what it means. Code 55 is for the memory. My first board, which initially would boot, started halting on qcode 60. I immediately took it out and returned it to the retailer and exchanged it for another board which I am using now. Sometimes things happen so don't fret and go swap it for another board.
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932

Hi All,

Thanks for all the feedback, appreciate all the direction :), just a little update, I was looking into the user guide and turns of my ram is not in the compatible list (though I read somewhere it was), so I'm getting new ram and am going to try again.

Will provide another update later today.

Nate152
All right if you haven't got a ram kit yet, here is a kit that will work nicely with your board. I see on the QVL list that the ripjaws kit is for amd boards.

http://www.amazon.com/G-Skill-PC3-19200-TridentX-10-12-12-31-F3-2400C10D-16GTX/dp/B0080FFZ8E/ref=sr_...

algangani
Level 7
Hi All,

It was the ram!!! Thank you guys for all the help! 🙂

Cheers

Nate152

Glad to see that you managed to get things up and running! Enjoy your new system!

Out of interest, what RAM did you get?