cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening anything in fullscreen resets refresh rate to 60hz

Gallopokoi
Level 7
I just got mine replaced because there was something under the screen, and now whenever I open something in fullscreen, even if it was already open and I tab into it, my refresh rate is reset back to 60hz. Pretty sure this wasn't happening before and it's annoying as all hell having to press the turbo button twice every single time I tab in. Any idea how to stop this?
3 REPLIES 3

tozebeach
Level 7
I have a similar issue where my PG278Q defaults to 60Hz anytime I go into standby or power off. It's very annoying to have to change the refresh rate every time. Am looking for a fix if there is any out there. Thanks.

Intel i5-4670K
GTX 970
16GB RAM
Windows 8.1
MSI Z87-G45 mobo

tozebeach
Level 7
I don't know if it will help you but I think I fixed my issue. Going into Nvidia's control panel I had to go to the "Change Resolution" section and specify that I was running at 144Hz. Now when I power my display on and off and go into standby my 144Hz preference has been saved. Hope that helps.

Hi I reply to this old topic because I have the same issu there. Well when i put 144Hz in nvidia control panels, it works but just temporary... it won't save