cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G-SYNC = Unbearable Input Lag

oversurprisedgu
Level 7
So I recently got myself a Swift. After spending a day testing out G-Sync, I can't help but question whether there's a problem with the monitor, or if I'm missing something.

Every G-Sync review I've read praises its no-tearing and no-input lag capabilities. Unfortunately I can't confirm this. Enabling G-Sync seems to be syncing screen refreshes with my in-game fps, just as it's supposed to be doing, but the input lag is horrid. Its completely unplayable at any frame rate below 70, and a pain anywhere above. The input lag I'm experiencing with G-Sync feels almost as bad if not JUST AS BAD as enabling V-Sync.

I'm sure G-Sync is actually enabled as the monitor's indicator LED is changing color when G-Sync is active. I'm also positive V-Sync is not on, as I have it disabled in-game, and my FPS is fluctuating. I haven't heard of any other complaints even remotely similar to what I've been experiencing. If anyone has a similar issue or a possible solution please respond. I'm currently at a loss.

I'm using the included display port cable, a GTX 780, and my drivers are up to date.
6 REPLIES 6

Zanthra
Level 7
Does this happen in every game? Is this with a wired keyboard and mouse?

This seems very strange with G-Sync because there is no place for the frames to be buffered. This makes me think this would be lag on the input side, such as the mouse driver.

Zanthra wrote:
Does this happen in every game? Is this with a wired keyboard and mouse?

This seems very strange with G-Sync because there is no place for the frames to be buffered. This makes me think this would be lag on the input side, such as the mouse driver.

Yes, every single game I have tested is affected. I am using a Logitech G700s, which isn't wired, but I I've tried using a wired mouse as well, and the input lag is still there. I doubt it's a mouse related issue because as soon as I disable G-Sync all input lag is instantly gone. I'm beginning to consider an RMA at this point...

Craig
Level 8
Just as a matter of interest, how does ULMB feel. Do you notice any lag there.

Craig wrote:
Just as a matter of interest, how does ULMB feel. Do you notice any lag there.

ULMB is pretty cool. It works extremely well and there is no latency whatsoever. I personally haven't used it much though, due to the greatly reduced screen brightness, as well as only being able to run in 120Hz mode.

Costas
Level 10
Another thing you can try........

Ensure that your mouse polling speed is set to the highest possible.

Some have reported a similar issue and it was found that mouse polling at 500mS or slower would result in lag. Switching to 1000mS or higher resolved their problem.

oversurprisedgu
Level 7
Costas wrote:
Another thing you can try........

Ensure that your mouse polling speed is set to the highest possible.

Some have reported a similar issue and it was found that mouse polling at 500mS or slower would result in lag. Switching to 1000mS or higher resolved their problem.

Thanks for the tip, I had not previously thought of this. Changing the polling rate to 1000 helped lag to a certain degree, but understandably so as I would assume it's completely independent of G-Sync. The actual problem unfortunately still stands although remedied slightly by the increased polling rate.