cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phoebus just died!!!

__VeNoM__
Level 7
Hi all... First all I'm posting from my phone so I do apologise. My computer had been working great for months with no issues, not even with my sound card (shocking I know). Anyway recently decided to mount my speakers on the walls for full surround. Went in to my Phoebus settings to do the volume settings and noticed things like stereo expand was not working. Played some BF4 which was lagging like hell. Left it for the night, powered my system off as normal on to find when I powered it back on my card was no longer detected.

Tried removing the drivers for a clean install only to be told no product detected. Tried 3 different sockets on my board all with the same outcome. The card lights up but in a purple colour, like both red and blue lights are on together. Breakout box has a very dim mute light on. I changed the power cord socket to a new one on the PSU and still the same.

Emailed Asus to be told to test on a different motherboard (sure I have plenty of them, not). I have to contact my supplier for in warranty assistance. My card is 2 years old and I think scan.co.UK only offer 12 months warranty. Can someone offer me some problem solving tips? Or confirm if dead if the description I provided?
7 REPLIES 7

__VeNoM__
Level 7
Guys can someone please try removing the power cord from the Phoebus and boot up. Please tell me if the card still lights up and what colour?

GoNz0-
Level 10
it only has a 2 year warranty, scan will send it off on your behalf if needs be if you are within the 2 years.

__VeNoM__
Level 7
According to Asus it should have 3 years? I think I have gone over 2 years :s

Exactly the same happened to me yesterday. Lights up purple. Doesn't get detected. Does the card have a 2 year warranty? Or ist it three?

__VeNoM__
Level 7
It's up to 3 years warranty depending on your region. After a lot of communicating with ASUS and SCAN they finally agreed to RMA my card. However, its now been with them for 2 weeks 😞

Hope to have a repaired/replaced card soon as using onboard sound really sucks.

..VeNoM.. wrote:
It's up to 3 years warranty depending on your region. After a lot of communicating with ASUS and SCAN they finally agreed to RMA my card. However, its now been with them for 2 weeks 😞

Hope to have a repaired/replaced card soon as using onboard sound really sucks.

I have contacted ASUS Germany, still waiting for a response. Should be there within 24h.

thetruth1983
Level 7
My Phoebus just died!!!! The headphone output still works but the volume is really low. SPDIF is not working either. I've had this card replaced once but I'm still within the 3 year warranty (US). Hopefully Asus doesn't screw me over.