cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMY16GX3M2A2400C11R on ROG Maximus Extreme VI

Diover
Level 7
Hi, I just buy 2 corsair CMY16GX3M2A2400C11R pro series kits (2x8 gb each) and installed on my ROG Maximus extreme VI but didn´t start my pc. Only Recognize on B1 and B2 slots. Am I doing something wrong? Any sugestion? Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi Diover and Welcome to ROG

If I am to understand you correctly Diover, You purchased two separate kits of 8GB and this is where you have erred.
Even two identical kits of the same spec when put together can cause an error.
If your system runs fine with just one of the DIMM kit in the first and third slot then this will be your problem.
Recommend you return your modules and exchange for 16GB in a single kit 2x8 or 4x4.

MM
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

Thank you for your answer. According to the user manual the dimm slots are: A1 (1st), A2 (2nd), B1 (3rd) and B2 (4th). Installing 1 kit on slots 1st and 3rd doesn't start the pc. Same with 2nd and 4th slot or 1st and 2nd slot . Only with memory modules on 3rd and 4th slot start the PC. Whit 1 single module installed only works if it is on 4th slot.

jab383
Level 13
The Corsair part number CMY16GX3M2A2400C11R is for a single kit of 2 sticks, total 16GB. That pair should work in slots A1 and B1 (check the M6E manual, it might be A2 and B2). In my experience, the Haswell IMC (integrated memory controller) is good enough to handle about anything in the 2400MHz range.

A systematic way of troubleshooting is to try one stick at a time and try it in each socket. Be sure that one stick is fully seated. In this case I expect to get the same result - good in channel B, but not in A.

A common cause of one bad channel is that some CPU socket pins are not making contact with the pads on the bottom of the CPU. I suggest removing the CPU, checking for bent pins, and reinstalling the CPU. Be sure to tighten whatever cooler is used only enough to be in firm contact with the CPU. Too much cooler pressure is one cause of socket pins getting misaligned.

Another possibility is that the CPU is bad. I have one like that (with no warranty since it's delidded) in which channel A memory doesn't work. It is also possible that the motherboard has a problem. Did the PC ever work? In what combination? Do you have another CPU to try as a means of assigning fault?

Jeff