cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An issue with ROG 751 JT-ch71

Gihan
Level 7
Hi Guys,
I purchased my rig on last black Friday. Ever since I got it time to time I've been having this issue. Here is what it is. This is happen occasionally though. Some times once I pressed the power button, key board is lighting up but the display doesn't turn on. It is lit up as black nothing else even after 1 min pass. Then I've to press power button to put the machine in to sleep (Since the lap top is already is on ) then press the key board to try and get the display back in to working mode. Some times I have to repeat this process more than once. Can anybody tell my why is this happening and more impotently can I get it fixed ?:(
2 REPLIES 2

geneticweapon
Level 7
Gihan wrote:
Hi Guys,
I purchased my rig on last black Friday. Ever since I got it time to time I've been having this issue. Here is what it is. This is happen occasionally though. Some times once I pressed the power button, key board is lighting up but the display doesn't turn on. It is lit up as black nothing else even after 1 min pass. Then I've to press power button to put the machine in to sleep (Since the lap top is already is on ) then press the key board to try and get the display back in to working mode. Some times I have to repeat this process more than once. Can anybody tell my why is this happening and more impotently can I get it fixed ?:(

I would return it. I know it sucks, but there's no way I would put up with that if I were you.

Edweird
Level 10
This actually happened to me a few times when I got mine almost a week ago. I think it's related to Windows SecureBoot. It went away a few days ago on its own. Does it POST at all? Does it show the ROG logo and THEN do nothing or does it never get to that point? Because if it doesn't get past that you may have a BIOS issue. In lieu of sending it for an RMA (I don't know how you partial you are to that idea.) I would grab the latest BIOS off of ASUS' website, put it on a 2GB flash drive formatted in FAT and use the built-in BIOS feature Easy Flash to reflash it. If it doesn't work, then you should probably RMA it. This is only me, though.

The newest BIOS for the G751JT (the JY has the same version) can be found here:
Linky!

Unzip the folder and put just the file on the empty 2GB FAT-formatted USB drive. It will probably work with other sizes and formats etc. but I've read this as a recommendation many times as it leaves less room for compatibility issues and I've done a successful flash of ASUS laptops 6 times.

Again, if you are unsure about this process, RMAing the product is preferable as I'm not sure if ASUS will accept the claim if they think you did something wrong even though it would be their software causing the issue.