Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array Gps3dx PC Specs
    Gps3dx PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Current: G751JT | Retired: G55VW, G51JX
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Storage #1Samsungs EVO 850 128GB
    Storage #21TB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 (HTS721010A9E630)
    CPU CoolerMother Nature & Thermodynamics laws
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Headset/Speakers Logitech T6060
    OS Cleaned installed Windows 10 HOME x64
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Quote Originally Posted by ixnay19 View Post
    Has anyone found a reliable way to add the middle-click function to the touchpad?
    Does anyone know of a solution, a new driver that will work for the G551JM, or some third-party software that will provide what I need?
    Thanks.
    It depends which Windows version you use.
    Look in my sticky guide here for the right driver for the right windows version.
    also, from these links you can get newer/older version of same driver type, which cannot be obtain from the specific laptop support page. ( these drivers are from asus official site/server nontheless ).
    i'm currently looking for solution for windows10 on my G751JT using of course the "Smart Gesture" driver ( which is THE SAME driver of the latest ROG laptops, i.e from the G751/G551 till the latest models.
    i'll report back if i'll find a solution.

EDIT: please see the following solution under "Answer", and note the "update" about windows 10.

Quote Originally Posted by HmmmBeee View Post
    Slight hijack - I've got a similar problem (but the forum isn't letting me start a new thread).
    As this is the same issue on similar laptop ( i.e Asus Rog serie laptop ) please DO NOT open new thread about it, as this thread as server as a "library" of knowledge for that issue.
    now... for solution, please read my above comment.

New ROGer Array

Thanks for the great advice, really appreciate it.

I've tried the things you suggested, but haven't had any success installing the new drivers - I get "device not connected" and "driver version doesn't suit this touchpad" style errors. I think maybe because I have an I2C touchpad, and the drivers are for PS/2? I should have mentioned before, I'm running Windows 10.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2