cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onboard sound or Xonar DX

ADM-Ntek
Level 9
i was going to buy this MoBo soon but i was wondering if i should use the on board Sound or keep the Xonar DX i currently use.
the ASUS product page says and i Quote
Precision-engineered audio that's as great as a dedicated sound card

is that True or just PR BS.

i use AKG 242HD headphones for every thing i do.

and another quick question how long is the cable for the OC panel? i would like to put the panel on my desk but i have my PC under the desk and don't know if it is long enough.
13 REPLIES 13

wollax
Level 7
I can only tell you that the cable is too short to put the panel on the table .... for the audio card I used x-fi fatality and I put it back ... I think it's up to you ....

GoNz0-
Level 10
The onboard is ok and will do for now, I had a Phoebus but it has horrific interference on the microphone with this board/GTX980 so I ditched it and will buy the Creative.

LiveOrDie
Level 11
No problems with my Phoebus here.

LiveOrDie wrote:
No problems with my Phoebus here.

Should you ever upgrade to a 980 you may be in for bad news as it worked fine on my last rig for the past 2 years.

It is ok (small crackles on mic) until you load the GPU, in BF4 it sounded like I was sat in a helicopter.

LiveOrDie
Level 11
Sounds like a cheap PSU if your getting noise down the 12v rails. I run two 780 Ti,s they pull more power than a 980.

LiveOrDie wrote:
Sounds like a cheap PSU if your getting noise down the 12v rails. I run two 780 Ti,s they pull more power than a 980.

It isn't the PSU as my Enermax 1250w has followed from the last build. It should have been worst on the last build if it was the PSU as I had a pair of 480's and a socket 1366 I7 overclocked, the last build took 3 times the power this one does!.

I will know if it is the board or the 980 when I get my stock cooler on the 480.

It is know about and talked about on the phoebus forums but toally ignored by Asus still.
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?18211-Noise-humming-in-microphone-while-playing-games

Chino
Level 15
ADM-Ntek wrote:
i was going to buy this MoBo soon but i was wondering if i should use the on board Sound or keep the Xonar DX i currently use.
the ASUS product page says and i Quote

is that True or just PR BS.

i use AKG 242HD headphones for every thing i do.

and another quick question how long is the cable for the OC panel? i would like to put the panel on my desk but i have my PC under the desk and don't know if it is long enough.

Try the onboard audio first. It is doesn't satisfy your needs, plug in the Xonar DX. As for the cable for the OC Panel, it measures approximately 70cm in length.

thank you wil do that.

LiveOrDie
Level 11
Doesn't mater if its the same PSU or not it has a different load going through it also did u try it in more than 1 slot?