cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case Fan Help. (please and thank you..)

JustJohn
Level 7
Ok so I completed my first build a week or so before Christmas and have been impressed with the performance of it. I went with an i7-4790k, an Asus Hero VII motherboard, Asus Gtx 970 gpu, 16gb ram 2x 256gb SSD drives and a 2tb HDD, running Windows 8.1 pro. Everything seems to work fine except I've never had control over all my fans. I'm using an H100i to cool the cpu. It's installed with the two fans split into the main Cpu_fan header. I built my system inside a Phanteks Enthoo case. The case included a fan hub that is powered by a 4pin connection to the CPU_opt heard with 4 fans connected to it. I have the two included fans, a rear 180mm exhaust and a 200mm intake fans running on individual fan headers.

The problem, or lack of understanding, comes from only being able the see the rear exhaust fan. After running the Asus AI fan tuning feature in the the AI Suite I'm only showing the single rear fan. All the others are working but only show exclamation point in the fan profile with no control. I have a total of 3x120mm fans located behind the drive cages just to help blow more air across the ram and gpu, a 200mm intake. 2x 120mm fans for the H100i (intake) and a 180mm floor (intake) and the rear exhaust is a 180mm.

Part of the confusion is how should I set up the the UEFI in regards to the fans? I ran the fan tuning feature in the bios and it seems the AI Suite overrides this when I reboot to the desktop. Right now as I write this with nothing in the background my cpu is around 33c across all cores and my gpu is at 58c. The gpu temp seems high to me, maybe it's the dual monitors, maybe it's Maybelline.

I understand the H100i fans and pump, shown as a fan if I understand it right, will run at a constant speed but not being able to see and control the other fans is whats got me. If anyone could lend a hand in helping me understand whats going on It would be very appreciated. Also sorry if it seems like I'm rambling but I have had a few to drink. 😮
0 REPLIES 0