cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UEFI BIOS Chip Recovery/Reprogram Guide (EZP2010 Programmer)

LiveOrDie
Level 11
Not the best guide but should cover everything people need to know about Reprogramming there BIOS Chips I added music to relax the mind 😉 .

VIDEO UPDATED WITH HOW TO ADD MAC ADDRESS, UUID and MB/SN

EZP2010 Drivers and Software Download

59 REPLIES 59

GoNz0-
Level 10
Great guide, and a rather good way to hit your 1000th post!

GoNz0- wrote:
Great guide, and a rather good way to hit your 1000th post!

Haha thanks didn't even realize .

Karlsap wrote:
I am still waiting for my ezp2010 to be delivered.

I noticed that in your file you have ezp2011.exe. Is there any firmware to be updated for the reprogrammer? Is it ezp2010v3 that you are using?

Nope same firmware I was using v3 as well I packed the program aswel as it's preset to the RVE chip and also for convenience.

LiveOrDie wrote:
Haha thanks didn't even realize .

Nope same firmware I was using v3 as well I packed the program aswel as it's preset to the RVE chip and also for convenience.

Great thanks a lot as this will solve my issue too.

Karlsap wrote:
Great thanks a lot as this will solve my issue too.

No worries let me know if you have any problems.

Karlsap
Level 9
LiveOrDie wrote:
Not the best guide but should cover everything people need to know about Reprogramming there BIOS Chips I added music to relax the mind 😉 .

I am still waiting for my ezp2010 to be delivered.

I noticed that in your file you have ezp2011.exe. Is there any firmware to be updated for the reprogrammer? Is it ezp2010v3 that you are using?

squawker
Level 11
Great guide, if i had this guide 3 months ago, an ASUS rma could be avoided. Thanks for sharing.

Karlsap
Level 9
For this guide I want to include the following information:

1. Disable driver enforcement as per the guide
2. If you are installing the EZP2010 driver from the DVD that comes with the product, mine did not work. Had to download the driver for win7 64 bit from www.ezp2010.com
3. When running the ezp2010.exe and the software shows that no programmer is linked, then while keeping open the application, re-plug the programmer again and it will be detected.
4. Check the firmware version of the programmer. Mine was v2.1 and upgraded it to version 3. Once upgraded the problem mentioned in point 3 was resolved.

Karlsap wrote:
For this guide I want to include the following information:

1. Disable driver enforcement as per the guide
2. If you are installing the EZP2010 driver from the DVD that comes with the product, mine did not work. Had to download the driver for win7 64 bit from www.ezp2010.com
3. When running the ezp2010.exe and the software shows that no programmer is linked, then while keeping open the application, re-plug the programmer again and it will be detected.
4. Check the firmware version of the programmer. Mine was v2.1 and upgraded it to version 3. Once upgraded the problem mentioned in point 3 was resolved.

I cover point 3 in the guide also this can happen even with the firmware updated some times the software will have problems loading the driver.

RickROG
Level 11
Many thanks LiveorDie; I am ordering one now. Looks like all the files, roms etc. you need are included in the programmers software then except the actual latest BIOS file?
Where did you guys purchase yours from-I live in Canada-ebay?
Also, I go to www.ezp2010.com and slower than molasses going uphill in January, but, am unable to find any downloads-foreign language site or am I missing something..... 🙂
Thanks
"If you say you can't, then, you probably can't"