Did you mean: 

Please Delete.

DirtSensei
Level 7
Please delete.
23 REPLIES 23

Edweird
Level 10
Are you sure you can't just pop that down again? The pins looks intact to me. And the forums are fairly standard and this forums package is extremely common.

DirtSensei
Level 7
Nah, It comes back up if I push it down, It'll seemingly stay down But If I press slightly higher then the center of the key it pops back up.

nettto
Level 7
Are the tabs that I've circled in blue plastic, is one or both broken? I fixed a friend's dell Alt key, the tab was on the keyboard side, was metal and broke. ended up replacing the keyboard. Anyways if the tab is broken, I would think you would have to replace the key.

I have a 15" GL551J. It had a stuck ESC key, right out of the box. Luckily, its "loosening up" and not sticking as much, lol

And I agree with you on the forum, kinda disappointing. Like I said I have 15" GL551J and am not sure if "G771, G751, G551 and GX550 Gaming Notebooks" thread is the right place for me?

DirtSensei
Level 7
It looks like the Tiny tab opposite what you circled, The part that goes into those little rests is broken. It's a terribly insignificant little piece of plastic. It's shown in the picture but it's actually half off on my board seems to be the issue.

kobejumpin
Level 7
Dirt, This is a G551 or G771? I have an issue with the KB on my G751 but it seems very stable. I feel that the whole KB board is slightly bent. How is your space bar, mine is sort of flimsy. Image of my "TAB" and "`" keys - https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?55678-quot-TAB-quot-key-tilted

DirtSensei
Level 7
This is the GL551, The spacebar is flimsy but works. It's also bent a bit in a U shape where the left and right sides are higher. You would think on a gaming laptop, Input peripherals would have a higher priority.

hmscott
Level 12
DirtSensei, it looks like that key tab/keep aren't clicking together to lock in. That would be the goal, to hold down the key and use a tool to gently but firmly press each of those 2 corners until it clicks in, then hold that corner down and click in the other. A little head of a pin sized dab of superglue would keep it in place - hold it down after clicking in for 60-120 seconds for the glue to set. Be sure to not get glue anywhere else - use a pin / toothpick to apply the dab. If you don't feel comfortable doing it find someone that does needle point and/or works with small objects to sight in and do it for you.

Hi DirtSensei, sorry to jump your thread but have to ask scott help... Thanks

Hi scott, any idea with my issue? Or do I bring this over to Asus CR to fix? - "TAB" and "`" keys. http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?55678-quot-TAB-quot-key-tilted Thanks

hmscott wrote:
DirtSensei, it looks like that key tab/keep aren't clicking together to lock in. That would be the goal, to hold down the key and use a tool to gently but firmly press each of those 2 corners until it clicks in, then hold that corner down and click in the other. A little head of a pin sized dab of superglue would keep it in place - hold it down after clicking in for 60-120 seconds for the glue to set. Be sure to not get glue anywhere else - use a pin / toothpick to apply the dab. If you don't feel comfortable doing it find someone that does needle point and/or works with small objects to sight in and do it for you.

This being a Laptop I've owned for less then a month, I'm not going to start supergluing keys on my $1,100 laptop. Asus needs to not make faulty insignificant ****, because I cannot have my A key Sometimes work, Calling them and/or MIcrocenter to have one of them fix it because this is bull**** and a half.