cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Build Crashing

Sniper876
Level 7
I have a series of problems and I am looking for advice on the best SATA plug locations, BIOS settings and how to make my LAN connection the primary connection over the WAN. I also can no longer login to my router. When I type in the IP and the login credentials it just spins but never opens the router OS. Also, it seems like after a crash my graphics are messed up during the ROG splash screen (best describes as the "Matrix" effect. Then Windows only opens in low 640x480 res. But I can reboot without ever logging in and the next boot will be fine. To fix the crashing issue, I've tried rolling back GeForce & Graphics drivers , installing new ones and the usual. I am trying to run World of Tanks and it crashes after a minute or 2 no matter how high or low I set the graphics. Hopefully, my full system stats show up in the signature. Now after updating the BIOS to 2012, I am no longer able to see my disk drives. :mad:
Cosmos I Case + Asus Maximus VII Formula + Core i7 4790K liquid cooled w/ Corsair H75 + Corsair Vengeance Pro RAM 16GB @ 2400MHz + Asus Poseidon Platinum 980GTX + Samsung SSD 850 Pro 512GB + Ultra X3 1000 Watt PSU + Windows 7 x64

~ You miss 100% of the shots you don't take ~
1 REPLY 1

255killer
Level 7
The hard drives need to be on the top sata plugs (Intel controller) which is the top 4 sata ports and the sata express ports. The set of sata ports between the top 4 and the sata express are third party. While 5&6 will boot they will be slow and not optimized.
As for the matrix looking screen. I have seen this three times. One with the blk set higher then 100( corrupted bus). Another time it was a bad gpu. I also seen it with a new build once with a 7970 and never again.
For the no post. Make sure your ram is manually setup in the bios. Speed, voltage, and timing. All should be labeled on ram sticks or box. I have had xmp profiles not post correctly before.