cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

g751 intake?

Boom_austin
Level 7
does anyone know where the g751jy intakes its air from. the vents under the laptop seem to make no difference wether covered or not so im very curious as to where the air is been taken in
9 REPLIES 9

hmscott
Level 12
Boom_austin wrote:
does anyone know where the g751jy intakes its air from. the vents under the laptop seem to make no difference wether covered or not so im very curious as to where the air is been taken in

Boom_austin, so you completely blocked air getting into the G751 by setting it on something that kept any air from being drawn in through the bottom vents, and you ran a heavy duty load test, and the temperatures were the same?

On a G750 blocking the bottom vents kicks up the CPU/GPU temps immediately when running a heavy load.

Some early owners of the G750 also did smoke intake tests to find the points where air was coming in. You could try that as well while the load is high and the fans are drawing maximum intake.

I would suggest asking Asus, they designed it and know the answer. That is how we got the definitive answer for the G750 as well.

BRSxIgnition
Level 9
Something I found with my past laptop was that it intook the air through the keyboard, and pushed it out through the back. Here though, I believe that the lower fan grate (+ Bottom Vents) is the intake, and the upper fan grate is where it pushes out the hot air.

I say this because the keyboard panel is rather flush and uniform on the inside, so air wouldn't be able to pass through the keys and such.

Another possibility is through the speaker grill on the hinges, but from what I've seen, the speaker piece is sealed (acoustically) to push sound forward. I can't remember if the rest of the grill was open for air or if it was just detailed on.

yes hm scott there was a small but neglectable change in themps maybe one degree. i had it sitting on my very plush comforter last night.

like you were saying brs i also think the main intake is either under the monitor where the speakers are or the lower grille like you said.

i previously owned a g75vx and if i set that on my comforter it would instantly rise in temps.

Boom_austin wrote:
yes hm scott there was a small but neglectable change in themps maybe one degree. i had it sitting on my very plush comforter last night.
like you were saying brs i also think the main intake is either under the monitor where the speakers are or the lower grille like you said.
i previously owned a g75vx and if i set that on my comforter it would instantly rise in temps.

Boom_austin, wow, that is a change... the G750 was pretty sealed up unlike previous laptops that did as you all are describing for the G751... drawing air in from seams and other locations - the vents didn't have much focused air intake.

If you blocked off the vents and only changed 1 degree, that isn't much, blocking the G750 series bottom vent increases temps 10c+ under load.

exactly scott. im wondering if asus realized this and made this laptop the different desighn for that reason. ive ran a complete stress test on both cpu and gpu simoltaniously and if i lefted the laptop up te temp would maybe decrese by 1c sometimes not even noticable abounts

Boom_austin wrote:

Strange. Because I owned a G75VW and I know for sure that it had the vent holes on top right behind the display lid. I played for several times laying in bed with the laptop sitting on a pillow so I would've see if the temps were changed by that.

As for the G751, indeed. I strongly confirm that the bottom holes aren't the only air source for the vents. See these next pics:

With holes covered:
With holes Uncovered:

Aand yes, I also feel a strong air intake from the ports on the Left and Right side. I would like to know if there are any other orifices on the top of the laptop (like on the G75).

dapogz
Level 8
base on my experience. i got a cooling pad that does blow air at the bottom holes but no change in Temp, maybe there's a little but only about 1-2c 😄 but when the air on top (i got ceiling fan on top of me) starts blowing i got a good temp decrease.. 5-10c (after 30mins).. maybe it draws air on keyboard.. but i read in some thread they said that the keyboard is sealed.. :rolleyes: i'm also very curios to where the air is being taken.. so i can focus a good flow of air in the laptop

Edweird
Level 10
I feel a very slight airflow over almost every crevice of the laptop. Particularly so around the left edge of the optical drive, near the USB ports. It feels to me like the fans are drawing air through every single hole in the case- which may explain how cool the rest of the laptop feels.

i also noticed the same thing ed. i can feel some air movement under the laptop to near the sub and the vents however there must be enough airflow elsewhere as to not affect the temps much if the bottom vent and sub is covered.