Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8.1 "forgets" desktop customization

Bakus
Level 7
Hi guys,

I recently bought an ASUS ROG g750jm
It was my first time with Win 8.1 and it's ok.
I started customizing my desktop just like I it was on my previous laptop. So, I disabled the icons on desktop, added ObjectDock below. And that was it. When I restarted, the icons where still there and I repeated the proces a few times. I saved the custom theme and still nothing. Now I have deleted all shortcuts from my desktop but I still want to fix this problem. Win 8.1 is not saving my changes.

Also, everytime Win 8.1 starts when it gets to the desktop the screen goes from a clear white light to a yellowish tone. I just use the laptop on high performance and it's always plugged in so I have no idea why the change happens. I'm a graphic designer and the clear light is pretty important to understand with what colors I'm working with.

I'm no pro on operating system's inside stuff but if you have some insight on this I would really appreciate it.

PS. I bought the laptop on Newegg in the US and brought it to the Netherlands where I'm living.
1 REPLY 1

sk2play
Level 13
I use the latest version of Classic Shell for W8.1 which is constantly updated and has many options which may address your issue. It is downloadable at no charge.
http://www.classicshell.net/
Corsair 500R Case, H110 Hydro, 1200AX PSU, Asus Maximus Hero VI MB, Intel 4770K CPU, Gigabyte GPU GV-N98TWF3OC-6GD, G-Skill Trident 2400MHz 32GB, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, Seagate 6TB HDD x2, Creative SBZ to Denon AVR-4311ci - Infinity Primus 5.1 w/Klipsch Sub XW-300d, HP ZR30w 30" S-IPS LCD, W10 64bit