cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X99 Realbench BSOD

PunishedSnake
Level 7
Hello,

I'm running on an x99 5820K OC to 4.5GhZ at 1.328 Volts. Temperatures go to as high as 65 Celcius. When I run Realbench, for some reason, my system crashes. So far I've gotten "Watch Dog" and "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL" errors. I ran Aida 64 and it ran stable without any problems.
2 REPLIES 2

jab383
Level 13
Hi PunishedSnake, and welcome

Aida64 is not a stringent test program. It is a great monitor utility and I use it exclusively for my monitoring, but not for testing. Realbench is much better in that it will find instability without greatly overheating a CPU. Only OCCT is more stringent, in my opinion, but OCCT can be more stressful. Realbench is closest to real-world stress levels while still finding instability as it did in your case.

At 65C, you have a little more headroom before running into heat trouble. For stabilty, I suggest trying to increase core voltage, and perhaps Vccsa, in .02 volt steps until Realbench passes a complete benchmark run.

Jeff

Jeff thank you for responding. Curiously, I remember doing the stress test with real bench until I updated to the most recent Bios for my X99 Mobo. Here a some pictures as to how I have tuned my system. I believe it may be because I'm overclocking per the BCLK. This is because of the RAM (Corsair L X DDR4 16GB at XMP has to raise the BCLK to 125.4517445174