Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array hexaae PC Specs
    hexaae PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS Gaming Laptop GL703GS
    MotherboardIntel HM370 Cannon Lake-H
    Processori7-8750H
    Memory (part number)32GB DDR4 @2666MHz (dual-channel)
    Graphics Card #1NVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    Monitor1080p 144Hz 17" G-Sync AUO B173HAN03.2
    Storage #11TB SSD Crucial MX300
    Storage #2NVMe Samsung PM916
    Mouse ROG Strix Carry Wireless-BT mouse
    Mouse Pad MouseRug collection
    Headset/Speakers Realtek HD (ALC295)
    OS Windows 10 PRO x64
    Accessory #1 XBox One Bluetooth gamepad
    Accessory #2 Hori Fighting Stick Mini
    Accessory #3 4K Blu-Ray UHD USB Archgon Star

HELP!!!

I've just tried to overclock my G751JY using Intel XTU from 100MHz core to 108.0MHz (i7 4710HQ), checked "Force Reboot" and pressed "Apply"...
    From now on the PC simply doesn't boot anymore! Black screen and switches off by itself, no BIOS and nothing!!!

How do I reset everything to default?
    I'm afraid that damn option "Force Reboot" should be renamed as "Make Permanent"... sigh...

SOLVED!
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...l=1#post571429
    Last edited by hexaae; 02-04-2016 at 06:50 AM.

ROG Member Array taylor8335 PC Specs
    taylor8335 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G751JY,G551, two custom built desktop will post specs and get this info straightened out soon,thanks
    MotherboardMaximus VII Formula
    Processori7 4790K
    Memory (part number)CMY32GX3M4A2400C11R
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5 Graphics Cards STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5
    Graphics Card #2ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5 Graphics Cards STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5
    Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster ZxR High Performance Headphone Amp and Desktop Audio Control Module
    MonitorASUS PA248Q 24-Inch LED-Lit IPS Professional Graphics Monitor
    Storage #12 of Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E500B/AM)
    Storage #2WD Blue 1TB Desktop 3.5 Inch SATA 6Gb/s 7200rpm Internal Hard Drive
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Nepton 240M CPU Water Cooling System, 2 Silencio Fans RL-N24M-24PK-R2
    CaseCooler Master HAF X - Full Tower Computer Case with USB 3.0 Ports and Window Side Panel (RC-942-KKN1
    Power SupplySeasonic SS-1050XM2 ATX 1050 Power Supply
    Keyboard ASUS (STRIX TACTIC PRO) Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - CHERRY MX BLUE Switches
    Mouse ASUS ROG Spartha Gaming Mouse wired/wireless, ASUS ROG GX950 Laser Mouse, Logitech G602 Wireless
    Headset ASTRO Gaming A50 Xbox One - Black
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG GM50 Mouse Pad, Asus RoG Theme Mouse Pad, Rectangle
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Surround Sound Speaker System Z906b / ASTRO Gaming A50 Xbox One - Black
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterNETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router (R7000)
    Accessory #1 ASUS ROG Front Base Dual-Bay Gaming Panel
    Accessory #2 Asus OC PANEL ALL MAXIMUS VI SERIES MB OVERCLOCKING COMMAND CENTER
    Accessory #3 ASUS Dual-Band Wireless-AC1900 PCI-E Adapter (PCE-AC68)

overclocking

any good articles on ocing on my new g751 machine, i am very new to overclocking? thanks

ROG Member Array

Hey guys! After OCing, my G751JY's CPU peaks at around 82° in The Witcher 3 and Intel Burn Test. Average temp seems to be somewhere between 75 and 80 while gaming.

In your experience, is it ok if I keep my OC setting, seeing that the peak temperatures don't seem to go past 82°C?

Also, it's winter right now (I live in Montreal)... In a hot summer with 35°C and high humidity, in your experience, does the CPU temp go up significantly as opposed to colder seasons?

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Matt Eastwood View Post
    Hey guys! After OCing, my G751JY's CPU peaks at around 82° in The Witcher 3 and Intel Burn Test. Average temp seems to be somewhere between 75 and 80 while gaming.

In your experience, is it ok if I keep my OC setting, seeing that the peak temperatures don't seem to go past 82°C?

Also, it's winter right now (I live in Montreal)... In a hot summer with 35°C and high humidity, in your experience, does the CPU temp go up significantly as opposed to colder seasons?
    Absolutely fine, I have no idea how you get 82. Mine hit 90 with Witcher. I'd say anything between 85-90 is fine for extended gaming sessions. My G751JY is almost 3 years old now and I run it hot at near those temps every other day for hours so...do the math. Summer WILL increase your temps, but just by a few degrees. Biggest difference I've seen is maybe 5 degrees. What OC have you done? I can still only get 0.1GHz out of it with XTU.

P.S Generally not a great idea to necro a 1.5 year old thread.

ROG Member Array

Awesome, thanks! Yeah, that is exactly the same OC I did/was allowed to do. I undervolted core and cache to -0.050 V and set the multipliers and cache ratio to the allowed max.

I bought the laptop used a month or so ago and first thing I did, I brought it to a repair shop to have all dust cleaned out. They said there wasn't much in it, but I figured, might as well :-)

I will spend a few days playing various games, then if it's stable (which I fully expect), I'll undervolt some more. Thanks for the info!

P.S.: hehe, cool, I'll remember that :-)

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Matt Eastwood View Post
    Awesome, thanks! Yeah, that is exactly the same OC I did/was allowed to do. I undervolted core and cache to -0.050 V and set the multipliers and cache ratio to the allowed max.

I bought the laptop used a month or so ago and first thing I did, I brought it to a repair shop to have all dust cleaned out. They said there wasn't much in it, but I figured, might as well :-)

I will spend a few days playing various games, then if it's stable (which I fully expect), I'll undervolt some more. Thanks for the info!

P.S.: hehe, cool, I'll remember that :-)
    -50 is what I use as well, has been stable for half an year with no crashes. It crashes like...once every 2 weeks at around -80.
    The thermal design is quite interesting, it definitely does not collect as much dust as you might think.

ROG Member Array

Yeah, I read up a bit on it when I bought this laptop, pretty sophisticated cooling! I expect I'll be happy with this machine for a few more years to come.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Dunno... Getting pretty crappy fps in games that renders big worlds (for example PUBG), heavy for the CPU. Definitely throttled.

Might try to sell this laptop to think of other solutions sometime.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5