cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Miracast on G750JX?

Sudo
Level 7
I've searched but haven't found much relevant info or a solution. I'm trying to find out if the G750JX supports miracast and how to set it up / get it working if it does.

Thanks.
18 REPLIES 18

Darnassus
Status Under Review
I don't think it matters what laptop you have, but the wireless card that's inside. There's a chance it's a Qualcomm, or Broadcomm, or even an Intel, can you identify it?

I'm not experienced with Miracast, so I'm just putting forth what I THINK might work to help you getting it working.

Darnassus wrote:
I don't think it matters what laptop you have, but the wireless card that's inside. There's a chance it's a Qualcomm, or Broadcomm, or even an Intel, can you identify it?

I'm not experienced with Miracast, so I'm just putting forth what I THINK might work to help you getting it working.

Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter

Sudo
Level 7
Bump

Sudo
Level 7
Bump

Sudo
Level 7
Bump again 😕

HLNKay
Level 7
So do you already have the miracast and what issues are you experimenting? Or just planning on getting one and to what exact purpose in mind?

HLNKay wrote:
So do you already have the miracast and what issues are you experimenting? Or just planning on getting one and to what exact purpose in mind?

I already have a miracast receiver dongle that I use with my phone and would really love if it's possible to broadcast my computer to it.

HLNKay
Level 7
Oh well it is possible, i used to have one and my guess is that all miracast devices should be the same. If you are using windows 8/8.1 i used this guide to set up mine and running, although i no longer have it for further reference.

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2013/11/12/windows-8-1-on-your-big-screen-with-miracast/

[ EDIT ] As far as i know it should work no matter what wifi card you have

HLNKay wrote:
Oh well it is possible, i used to have one and my guess is that all miracast devices should be the same. If you are using windows 8/8.1 i used this guide to set up mine and running, although i no longer have it for further reference.

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2013/11/12/windows-8-1-on-your-big-screen-with-miracast/

[ EDIT ] As far as i know it should work no matter what wifi card you have

The problem I've been having is that "Add a wireless display” is not available in my charm bar. I have follwed just about every guide their is to troubleshoot it, including the one you linked. Which leads me back to if the G750JX even supports it.