Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bodycount69 View Post
    I Deleted the VirtuWatt program and haven't had this ever again.
    Ditto. I actually just plain re-loaded Windows 8.1 from scratch and installed the various Asus drivers *except* for the ECO stuff. (VirtuaWatt) - I've had no problems like this.

ROG Member Array

Just curious. I bought this g20 (i7 16g ram gtx 760) on feb 5, 2015 from bb. I have noticed that the pre-installed software was installed on 12/24/14. So i assume i got this fresh from Asus just a month ago..

figured i'd come on here to see all the cool stuff people are doing with their rigs, but all i see is problems. I'm fairly handy around a pc and have built several over the years. I keep reading about this virtuwatt. i cannot find this on my g20. Is it just possible that asus has tweaked the newer sytems eliminated the issues? Just trying to wrap my head around all this to see if it's actually a hardware issue or just plain user error..i have had mine connected through the dvi no issues and now with display port also no issues.

Also the specs don't match up. Supposed to be 8 gigs of ram. mine has 16 gigs. supposed to have an ssd. No ssd just a 2t reg hdd. Also, i got a crappy keyboard and mouse that don't match any pics. keyboard looks like the keys were blacked out with a sharpie and can't figure out for the life of me how to light it up, i assume it doesn't. So far the g20 has played everything I've thrown at it with out a sweat, and I'm running a 1440p monitor. just praying that there aren't gremlins ready to show up soon as my 15 day return policy is up..

everything I've bought from motherboards to monitors has always been Asus..always loved their products and never had an issue with anything..even my 3-4 year old asus gx72gx runs flawlessly...

knocking on wood that i just didn't jinx myself..
    i hope all of you can get your rigs straightened out so you can enjoy them..just wondering about this virtuwatt so i can uninstall it before it becomes an issue..thanks for the time..

ROG Member Array

Does deleting vurtawatt effect the pc at all?

New ROGer Array

Anything better then returning this pc?, I was given return info to ASUS, only thing is, $40.00 to ship it back is a little ridiculous, especially after just paying 1300 for the machine.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Ravenholme PC Specs
    Ravenholme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G20AJ-US009S
    MotherboardAsus H97
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 4790
    Memory (part number)16GB - Kingston DDR3 1600MHz CL11 1.35v SODIMM - KVR16LS11/8
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - Founders Edition (ASUS)
    MonitorBenQ BL3201PH (4K/UHD IPS LED)
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD
    Storage #2Seagate SSHD 1TB
    CaseAsus G20AJ
    Power SupplyAsus 180W PSU AC Adapter + Dell Y90RR 330W PSU AC Adapter
    Mouse Razer Ouroboros
    Headset Turtlebeach
    Headset/Speakers (The BenQ)
    OS Windows 10
    Accessory #1 ASUS (SBC-06D2X-U) Slim External 6x Blu-ray Combo Drive
    Accessory #2 Asus GPU Tweak II - OC: 2050 Mhz, 90°C max, 120% Power, vsync off
    Accessory #3 http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=8796

the day I got my computer I deleted all the bloat ware (windows uninstaller), cloned the drive to an SSD wiped the original drive after I configured it to boot to the ssd and all was fine. the only asus software I have installed is the AEGIS (I don't run it often, just for show) and ROG (runs in background but I turn it off often). I keep the ROG user acct control installed because it's kinda useful.

Overall my system is stable, played World of Warcraft, Diablo 3, Heroes of the Storm, StarCraft 2, Torchlight 2, Heroes of the storm, MechWarrior Online, Planetary Annihilation. Ran 3DMark Demo too.

Sure these aren't graphics intensive but it's stable. I haven't run Civ 5 & Civ BE yet but i'm sure it can handle it.

ROG Member Array

Same here, was having issues updating the Nvidia drivers until I uninstalled the fkn virtuwatt BS software, everything has been running smooth since, thanks for the tip everyone!!

ROG Junior Member Array

Thanks for the feedback, I just got my G20 last week and didn't know what Virtu Watt was. So I came here before I accepted the software. Going to get rid of that software now. I have not had any problems with the system, crossing my fingers. I am surprised that there was no booklets or any instructions that had any detail to the G20.

ROG Enthusiast Array

If anyone has these issues with the BSOD, the best thing to do is try to load it into safe mode.
    Keep letting it start until you are able to get into the advanced options section. Once you are in advanced options select load in safe mode with networking.
    Everything should load up fine and you should not have to do anything else or restore the system.

This happened to me a day ago after updating windows. I have not uninstalled virtue watt which seems to be the culprit when windows updates.

I've done the above a couple of times and it has worked for me.

ROG Member Array

don't upgrade your gforce graphicdrivers. Leave the default one. All new versions are creating problems for the G20. I updated my Gforce driver and had strange behaviors. Reall bad graphic. Freezes in the games, flickering monitors. etc.. then I deinstalled the newest version and installed a default version and all was back and working good

Virtuwatt is a joke. Its anyway most of the time on status deactivated and cant be activated. Piece of crap. I just deinstalled virtuwatt today.. will see how it goes without it.
    Last edited by Zimi1975; 06-22-2015 at 02:18 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2