cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G20AJ Series BSOD, Virtu Watt GPU Configuration error, nvlddmkm.sys,

Annor
Level 7
Hello,
I recently purchased a G20AJ Series from Future Shop they had told me that this was a great Gaming PC starter for my gaming needs. However come weeks later I start running into problem after problem... First one is my computer will enter Sleep/Hibernation then will be unable to wake up, I have to force restart and then I run into another problem that involves a nvlddmkm.sys error ( which I assume has something to do with my Video Graphics Card? ) and I enter a loop of endless restarts which it's unable to recover from. So I have to end up doing a whole system refresh.. Which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't if it does not work then I am forced to do a completely fresh restart which causes me to lose all my information.
Now when I do happen to do this I receive another error from my Virtu Watt that says Wrong GPU Configuration, Please check your hardware/drivers.

I am not sure where to start in order to fix this issue as it is extremely frustrating and I am not entirely computer smart.
If any other information is needed just let me know and I will try my best to find out how to post it,
Help is GREATLY apperciated
18 REPLIES 18

toronto699
Level 13
did u update the NVidia graphic driver
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
secondly how long have u had your G20? if u can return it to future shop.
did u read the other threads about the G20 , many are having problems .
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?54931-G20AJ-blue-screen-of-death-problems-on-wake-up-Virtu-...

toronto699 wrote:
did u update the NVidia graphic driver
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
secondly how long have u had your G20? if u can return it to future shop.
did u read the other threads about the G20 , many are having problems .
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?54931-G20AJ-blue-screen-of-death-problems-on-wake-up-Virtu-...

so this was the help i got from asus on the nvidia drivers (was suffering from bsod disabling virtuwatt was the sinner for me) aparently they dont want you running around with a upto date computer

"the latest one from our website and we modify our drivers to last longer and to be specific for the unit.

This is most likely why you can't update the driver directly from nvidia.

We recommend you to keep using our driver since it is made specially for the unit"

doeboydk wrote:

"the latest one from our website and we modify our drivers to last longer and to be specific for the unit.
This is most likely why you can't update the driver directly from nvidia.
We recommend you to keep using our driver since it is made specially for the unit"

That is quite a funny statement, given my unit came with the Geforce Experience tool preinstalled, which among other things will keep the nvidia drivers up to date.

From my experience so far, I'd say the job they did on the G20 pre-installed software can be described as shoddy at best, half the tools that come with it will conflict with each other causing all kinds of funny behaviour, a lot of it is completely pointless bloatware too that does nothing other than reducing performance of the unit.

don't upgrade your gforce graphicdrivers. Leave the default one. All new versions are creating problems for the G20. I updated my Gforce driver and had strange behaviors. Reall bad graphic. Freezes in the games, flickering monitors. etc.. then I deinstalled the newest version and installed a default version and all was back and working good

Virtuwatt is a joke. Its anyway most of the time on status deactivated and cant be activated. Piece of crap. I just deinstalled virtuwatt today.. will see how it goes without it.

hori
Level 7
There is a serious issue with G20. It`s not as easy as just exchanging for another because the problem will still be there.
ASUS REP ARE THEY WORKING ON A BIOS FIX??????

mounts
Level 7
same problem:
"Wrong GPU nfiguration. Please check your hardware/drivers"
I noticed they released an update for BIOS:

Description ASUS G20AJ BIOS Version 0601
First Release.
File Size
5,41 (MBytes) 2015.01.08 update

I downloaded it, and have not been warned with that error anymore, hope this helps

edmak1804
Level 7
Im now having the nvlddmkm.sys issue, I cannot use safe mode in any form, and I cannot use any restore point, also system repair fails.
I have now given up on this computer... and possibly this company, I am very upset

icwhatudidthere
Level 9
Found this thread on Microsoft that traces the nvlddmkm.sys issue back to VirtuWatt yet again.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-performance/windows-81-system-thread-exc...

Bodycount69
Level 9
I Deleted the VirtuWatt program and haven't had this ever again.
Asus ROG PG348Q Black 34" 3440 x 1440, 100Hz Curved IPS G-Sync 21:9 WQHD Gaming Monitor
2x ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ROG STRIX OC Edition in SLI