cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad experience with G750JX

Pairofix
Level 7
Hello,
one year ago I bought the ROG G750JX machine. I take some days to find a NB for Gaming, and after several investigation I've found this machine that I thought was quite good for gaming (performance seems ok for me). Despite the weak case (especially the plastic around the screen) I decided to buy it (I had bad experience in 2002 with an Asus L2D that had a weak plastic case that after few years was completely broken by aging). Now after one year the HDD is completely damaged (it started to create me problem in September last year, but in December a system error appeared and now it's impossible to recover the system image from the dedicated partition inside the HDD because a message inform that there's no anymore the recovery file). Consider that i used this NB only for gaming at home, without any overclocking and keeping it like a precious object. Used programs were only games (BF2, BF3, ME1/2/3, CoD Black Ops, CoD Ghost).

I spent a lot of money for this NB and after one year it doesn't work anymore. I had several NB in past, and none was a disappointment like this. I'll never buy an Asus anymore in future. The first one was a gift from my wife (someone recommended her for this brand), but this G750 is my personal error.

Luca
4 REPLIES 4

brinchn27
Level 7
Well its sad that you may have unfortunately gotten one from a bad batch. But TBH Asus notebooks especially the ROG series has one of the best builds out there. If you take a look at other brands in the same league like Alienware or MSI, Asus is the clear winner in sturdiness and layout. Good luck mate!

Edweird
Level 10
Pairofix wrote:
Hello,
one year ago I bought the ROG G750JX machine. I take some days to find a NB for Gaming, and after several investigation I've found this machine that I thought was quite good for gaming (performance seems ok for me). Despite the weak case (especially the plastic around the screen) I decided to buy it (I had bad experience in 2002 with an Asus L2D that had a weak plastic case that after few years was completely broken by aging). Now after one year the HDD is completely damaged (it started to create me problem in September last year, but in December a system error appeared and now it's impossible to recover the system image from the dedicated partition inside the HDD because a message inform that there's no anymore the recovery file). Consider that i used this NB only for gaming at home, without any overclocking and keeping it like a precious object. Used programs were only games (BF2, BF3, ME1/2/3, CoD Black Ops, CoD Ghost).

I spent a lot of money for this NB and after one year it doesn't work anymore. I had several NB in past, and none was a disappointment like this. I'll never buy an Asus anymore in future. The first one was a gift from my wife (someone recommended her for this brand), but this G750 is my personal error.

Luca

I agree with brinchn27. The reason I went for my G751 is exactly build quality. My (still running just fine) N61Ja that I got 4.5 years ago had issues with the hinges degrading but that was it. I've seen many more damaged Lenovos, Dells and HPs than I have seen ASUS laptops. I see you're most likely from Romania judging by your name - I'm Bulgarian and we get the exact same laptops (Bulgaria ships them from Romanian retailers) so there wouldn't be any difference in the quality. This is actually the first time I've heard of a G series having bad build quality of any kind other than some more minor stuff like misaligned keys.

I should say that the 500GB HDD in the N61 has been tortured basically every single day since the purchase with games and 3D rendering several hours a day and it barely even makes any noise, much less have ever failed on me. Some drives just give up - it probably has nothing to do with ASUS at all.

You just got unlucky, imo. No brand can guarantee you a flawless product line.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
I'm on my G750JX at LEAST 14-16 hours per day, I have absolutely NO life. ;d My HDD run timer is 237 days with 570 turn on's.

You must've just got a faulty drive, and that's easily replacable. The only thing I must flag here is that you've admitted that two months prior to the failure of your hard disk, you were aware of the issue and didn't do anything about it. Asus cannot be blamed here for that, you should've done a backup.

You make it sound as if your JX only came with one hard drive, the mechanical one, is this true?

Anyhow, the laptop's still good to run, just buy another 2.5" hard drive, throw it in the caddy and reinstall Windows 7 / 8 or which ever you want.

gazzacbr
Level 10
@pairofix: so basically there is nothing wrong with your G750JX?

are you saying that just the system recovery will not work or that the hard disc is not working at all?
can you put the HDD in an external caddy and see the other partitions?

But, hey, look on the bright side. This is just the excuse you needed to buy a new SSD.
you will be amazed how much difference it will make and will give your laptop a new lease of life.
think positive.
Asus G750JX-CV050H||GTX770M||24GB ram||120hz 3D screen||
1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD in DVD Bay
free bag and mouse :cool:
win 8.1||win 7||win xp||server 2008||os x mavericks||linux mint 16