cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rampate V Extreme & Asus PCE-AC68 not compatible?

meh0792
Level 7
Hello,

I recently built a DDR4 system and upon trying to use the Asus PCE-AC68 wireless adapter instead of the onboard adapter (for signal strength reasons) the AC68 comes up fine, picks up all the networks, lets me select one and enter the passcode but then only connects for about 15 seconds and then drops out - then will not let pick up any more networks and just says 'Not Connected' in the windows network page?

Has anyone had any other problems with network cards or know of a solution?

I have been unable to disable the onboard NIC - So if you know how, please let me know to try that solution.

I have uninstalled the drivers for the onboard NIC, installed the AC68 driver - Although the utility provided by Asus doesn't work either and comes up saying I need to connect the adapter first before using the utility when it's already connected with the blue light on the back?

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

broncogr
Level 10
The onboard Wireless NIC can be disabled in UEFI

Chino
Level 15
meh0792@gmail.com wrote:
Hello,

I recently built a DDR4 system and upon trying to use the Asus PCE-AC68 wireless adapter instead of the onboard adapter (for signal strength reasons) the AC68 comes up fine, picks up all the networks, lets me select one and enter the passcode but then only connects for about 15 seconds and then drops out - then will not let pick up any more networks and just says 'Not Connected' in the windows network page?

Has anyone had any other problems with network cards or know of a solution?

I have been unable to disable the onboard NIC - So if you know how, please let me know to try that solution.

I have uninstalled the drivers for the onboard NIC, installed the AC68 driver - Although the utility provided by Asus doesn't work either and comes up saying I need to connect the adapter first before using the utility when it's already connected with the blue light on the back?

Thanks.

Enter your BIOS and navigate to the Advanced tab. Choose the Onboard Devices Configuration option.

pandagasm
Level 7
I have both these units and they work fine together for me