cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backlight bleed worsening over time?

adavidtree
Level 7
I went through a rather terrible RMA procedure with Asus a little while back, and ended up receiving a new unit. When I got it, it seemed like everything was working great. The bottom bezel seemed far cooler than my previous monitor, no significant bleed, and only two dead pixels. Okay, cool. Now, maybe a month and a half on, I'm noticing more and more backlight bleed every day. Frankly, I don't know how this is possible.

Back when I first received this monitor, I took a long exposure photograph to check for bleed, and there was nothing. Now, I'm getting a very pronounced 'box' shape in the middle of the panel. I am assuming there is some kind of mechanism mounted here inside the monitor that is putting pressure on the LCD. In addition, the screen is bleeding from pretty much every angle, with about an inch being affected inwards. Normally, I'd be fine with this, but the bleed is very bright, and I can actually see it more often than not, even on light backgrounds.

The picture I am attaching was taken with a fast exposure in pitch dark.

What do you guys think of this? I'm dreading another RMA, since my last one was an absolute train wreck.
Anyone have any problems similar to this?
0 REPLIES 0