cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

warranty question?

psygorn
Level 7
hi i have a g751jt and my question is very about my warranty.
today i bought an ssd to replace my 1tb hdd on the laptop upon opening the upgrade window at the back i found my out the the screw on the mounting unit of the hdd was to tight and i cant remove it, i tried and tried until the screw stripped.
my question is, does the screws on the laptop covered on the warranty? i know its a bit absurd but it was to tight to remove i am going to a service center tomorrow but i bought the laptop on amazon usa and i am currently in asia. is this going to be a problem for me?
thank you in advance for the answer
1 REPLY 1

kobejumpin
Level 7
Hi psygorn, Check first with an Asus rep. You may find them in this thread - http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?54526-ASUS-Worldwide-RMA-Guide .

If the country where you are in has certified Asus centers and your country / region is supported by the "international warranty", then it would be ok.

In my case, I bought mine from Amazon and shipped it to where I am currently located. Sad to say that where I am is not a supported regaion by Asus despite the "international warranty" provision of the purchase provided by Asus.

If you are in Asia, Taiwan is right there (If i'm not mistaken, this is where Asus spung out originally).

Hope it works out for you. Let us know. Thanks.