cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SENNHEISER G4ME ZERO / Sonic SenseAmp & Sonic Studio - virtual sound

Shazbat
Level 7
Has anyone tried a 150 ohm headset like the SENNHEISER G4ME ZERO with this board?

Questions:

1) Will it drive the headset? Does it sound okay?

2) If it will has anyone tried the virtual sound and if so is it decent?

Thank you.
9 REPLIES 9

Chino
Level 15

Where can I find Sonic Studio? I search everywhere but just couldn't find it. I read someone mention Sound Manager but my SM only has this:

AdamC,

A bit off topic but my guess is you need to plug into the rear connectors and have the driver detect that your speakers are connected. Looks like you are using the optical (digital audio) See how the rear or the front are shaded? If you connect a headset into the front panel assuming you installed the AAFP connector to the MOBO you will see it pop up.

Dr__Zchivago
Level 12
That headset sounds PHENOMENAL, but it fits smaller heads better than larger heads. The virtual surround is as good as any.

Z

AdamC
Level 10
Oh thanks! I plugged in a headset and more options show up. Gee, no love for optical and DTS connection. That is why I said this motherboard has a mind of its own.

GoNz0-
Level 10
I have a PC 350 modded headset, it works ok but not as good as the Phoebus drives it.

Thank you GoNz0-

Hate to be a pain but would you mind elaborating? Is it too quiet? Is there distortion?

Oh and if you have tried how does the Sonic Studio - virtual sound work?

Thank you

Just to add, I have bass modded the PC350's and replaced the earpads with the velour ones from the HD600 so this causes you to need a better amp to drive them.

GoNz0-
Level 10
It doesn't distort but it doesn't have the depth the phoebus has, as in lack of ear pounding bass.

Still sounds great and it on the verge of causing hearing damage.

Virtual surrounds just a gimmick to me so I have not toyed with it, when I tried it on the Phoebus it spoiled BF4!