cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no Audo from HDMI and missing nvidia options [solved]

Ragnarokr1
Level 7
Ok this thing is getting me nuts. I am trying to play a video to my TV, I get video but no audio at all. When i try to change it in the
default devices it just doesn't let me. I tried reinstalling the drivers since that was the fix most ppl found out, but during installation i don't get other options then Graphics driver, experience and physX. I used driver sweeepr (now called DDD), cleaned registry and almost every thing i could think of and no luck at all. Tryied different driver versions but to no avail. Check out the picture: http://i57.tinypic.com/wbb3ah.png

So any ideas or should i call the shop i bought it from and demand a refund ?
6 REPLIES 6

cablebandit
Level 7
that is odd. I have a g751jy and used the hdmi out to my denon to play far cry 4 and everyhting works as expected. as soon as i connected the hdmi cable, the asus automagically changes the default sound device to the hdmi/denon connection. Are you sure you havent manually DISABLED the nvidia sound devices? You can look at hidden devices under device manager and i THINK that is how you see the devices that are installed but disable

Ragnarokr1
Level 7
Everything is enabled and the problem is not in the tv or HDMI itself, everything works fine on my other pc.

cablebandit
Level 7
hmmm under SOUND i have 2 nvidia hdmi output ports listed....port 0 and port 1...both with a red arrow at the moment. Nvidia control panel shows no audio devices at the moment. I do not have the hdmi device listed that you show in your pic (disconnected one)

Ragnarokr1
Level 7
I managed to fix it, and that's how: Remove all audio drivers including those from Intel. Then use Driver sweeper (for nvidia drivers) and finaly clean your registry with CCleaner. Reinstall all the audio drivers from asus, and on top of that reinstall the graphics. That's what worked for me. Hope this helps someone.

Thank you for the help cablebandit!

cablebandit
Level 7
AWESOME news!!!! SSD drive speed sure makes all the booting and rebooting not so maddening when messing with drivers like you are.

Ragnarokr1
Level 7
Yeah i found the solution so fast because of the SSD i put in last week, makes it so easy and fast. cheers