Did you mean: 

Upgrading!

Dakota_K__Giese
Level 7
Hey guys, i have an ASUS ROG G20AJ gaming desktop here, my current specs are;
1TB hard disk
8GB ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750
Intel i5-4460 quad-core 3.20Ghz (Haswell)

I am looking to upgrade..i wanted to buy a 3td hard drive, upgrade to 16 GB ram, buy a new 750watt power supply.
A new cooling system, and a new processor. I found an Intel i7-4790K quad-core 4.00Ghz (Haswell) And it has a max turbo frequency of 4.4Ghz And i was going to buy the ASUS STRIX-GTX980-DC2OC-4GD5 GeForce GTX 980 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card off of Newegg. But i don't know if my Motherboard would be able to handle all of this..i went to the
crucial.com website i didn't see anything for hard disk upgrades, but solid state disks up to 1TB. And i could go to best buy and buy
Windows 8.1 professional or something for the new hard drive. Or would it just be better to buy the solid state disk? The help here
would be MUCH appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi Dakota K. Giesen and Welcome to ROG. A word of caution!! Its about the MB!!

Not being a big fan of pre built systems. I advise to carefully research what your MB will support before purchase.
Pre built systems can be restrictive and most ROGers build there own for this reason.
Definitely go with an SSD drive for the super fast speed and keep your HDD for program storage.
I have stuck with Windows 7 Ultimate as imo, too many problems have aspired with W8.1
Upgrade your RAM by all means but 3TB HDD omg, and the i7-4790k is an excellent processor.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

Dakota_K__Giese
Level 7
Hmmm, alright. But i don't know what kind of MB i have, and don't know where to look to find out other than taking a look inside..i would custom build a pc but this one was a birthday and christmas gift.

toronto699
Level 13
Dokota
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?54457-ROG-G20-Overhaul G20 upgrade thread

update your bios there is a new Bios and lighting command driver on the G20 driver page
http://www.asus.com/Desktops/ROG_G20AJ/HelpDesk_Download/