cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Formula not detecting PWM fan splitter

SnipeAHolic12
Level 7
I just purchased my Swiftech H240-X and I used the included PWM fan splitter. I attached my fans to the splitter, connected the splitter to the CPU_FAN spot, and below I attached the CPU Block to the CPU_OPT port. When I boot, it does not detect the CPU fan. All the fans connected to the splitter are spinning. When I go to BIOS to control the fan, they do not slow down. What is the issue? Any help would be amazing.
2 REPLIES 2

Quad5Ny
Level 7
How many wires are going to each fan? There should be 4 going to one fan and 3 going to the other (only one fan should be feeding the RPM sensor). My EVGA Hadron came with a splitter that had the tach (RPM) sense going to each fan.

Have you tried a single fan on the header? Have you tried a full power cycle (turn off > wait 20 seconds > turn back on)?

Also are they Corsair SP120's? Because there was a bad batch at one point.

SnipeAHolic12
Level 7
The two fans that came with the cooler are 4pin PWM fans. The other two I have in the splitter are 3 pin fans. I have all the fans connected to the splitter, and the PWM switch connected to the CPU_FAN header on the Maximus VI Formula. The CPU Waterblock has and LED fan that I plugged into the CPU_OPT right below the CPU_FAN header on the mobo. When I go into bios and monitor fan speeds, they are all N/A.

Right away there was a CPU fan error, I had to set the 600 RPM rating to Ignore to get rid of the CPU Fan error. If I go to 200 RPM, there is still an error.