cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Driver Freezing Windows

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
Hey All,

I had my computer working great for about a day. I came home tonight and tried to install the Wireless Driver from the Website as I only had the version that came on the disk. The install started fine but shortly after my entire computer froze completely. I forced a reboot and got back to Windows only for it to freeze again. A further reboot had it Freeze at the starting Windows Logo. Every subsequent reboot made it freeze earlier and earlier during the boot cycle. I could get to sage mode fine and tried sfc /scannnow and start up repair and even a system restore but nothing worked.

Finally I decided to format the drive and start again however even after that I am still unable to install the Wireless Driver, when running from the disk it freezes and I have to hold the power button down until it turns off. I have also tried updating the driver through Windows and pointing it to the disk but it also just freezes my computer.

I am running A Maximus VI Formula.

Please Help.

Kind Regards, Silver Wolf
5 REPLIES 5

Melkor
Level 7
Hello, are You using MVIF wireless adapter or for example PCE-AC66 wireless adapter?

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
Hi Melkor,

I am using the built in Wireless Adaptor on the MVIF.

Kind Regards, Silver Wolf

Melkor
Level 7
You could try update bios first if it's older than 1603 with Bios Flashback method or try disabling bluetooth adapter in bios, Intel LAN too, double check if wireless adapter is properly inserted - I had problems in the past and after reseating it solved my MB not booting. Post results 😉 If there is no change, say what is Your Operation System and do You have all updates installed, make sure to update other drivers from CD or better yet from Asus support page if possible.

Ok so after disabling the Bluetooth Adaptor and Intel Lan in the bios I have managed to get the driver installed however it does not show up as a network adaptor and I cannot connect to wireless networks. If I look at device manager there's an error in device status saying "This device is not working properly because windows cannot load the drivers required for this device (Code 31)

My OS is Windows 7 Pro 64bit.

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
Duplicate Post, will not let me delete please ignore.