cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acer xb270hu monitor cant wait!!!!! 144hz ips gsync.

logzz
Level 7
after owning the asus rog swift I cant wait to get rid of it for this acer monitor, Asus poor support, no comment to the inversion problems and a bunch of other bull**** with this screen all I have to say is.... SEE YOU GUYS LATER. Stick to making motherboards probably the only product you guys know how to make. I feel sorry for people who spend money on this piss poor screen still. Hopefully people wait out until the Acer monitor which im sure will be better.
14 REPLIES 14

Starrbuck
Level 9
It's Acer so you better not get your hopes up too high!

Starrbuck wrote:
It's Acer so you better not get your hopes up too high!

+1 LOL I have owned an Acer monitor in the past and it was the biggest pile of junk ever. It would randomly display artifacts, and when I sent it back for repair no fault could ever be found, sent it back 3 times after giving up and putting up with the problem. Anyway, the screen died 1 month after the warranty so I cut my losses and purchased a new monitor. Anyway I have had two ASUS monitors and really like them, my first PG278Q had a dead pixel but my replacement screen has been fine, no issues.

So no ASUS don't just stick to motherboards because I like your screens.

zimzoid
Level 10
Fair enough mate:D But my Swift is perfect best TN screen i have ever owned! Good luck with the Acer, i had an Acer HN274Hbmiiid Black 27" 120hz model when high hz panels were new on the scene, that had terrible washed out colors and very bad back light bleed ended up getting rid of it and getting an Asus VG278HE 144hz that one was far better.
4930k/Corsair H110i GT: Rampage IV Black ED motherboard: Gskill 4x4GB 2133MHZ 10 11 11 30 1T: CM V1200w Platinum psu: 2x EVGA GTX980Ti SC ACX++: SoundBlaster Zx: Logitech Z906 5.1-channel speaker system: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD: 1tb WD Black HD/512GB WD Black HD: Asus Swift 144HZ 3D 2560x1440 Display: QNIX QX2710 Evolution II 2560x1440 matte PLS display: Corsair Vengence K70 mechanical keyboard: Corsair M45 mouse: Thermaltake Core V71 full tower Case: Windows 10 64bit

zimzoid wrote:
Fair enough mate:D But my Swift is perfect best TN screen i have ever owned! Good luck with the Acer, i had an Acer HN274Hbmiiid Black 27" 120hz model when high hz panels were new on the scene, that had terrible washed out colors and very bad back light bleed ended up getting rid of it and getting an Asus VG278HE 144hz that one was far better.

Funny I owned the same monitor and I felt it was better the the rog swift. No inversion issues on it what so ever and no dead pixels over the whole time I owned it. The only reason I got rid of it was that I was getting bored of 1080p. Hopefully this new acer panel is good, I will look at it very carefully tho after the headaches I have had with the rog swift, but if there is no inversion issues I will dump the swift right away. My swift also get very hot along the bottom bezel and im really worried as to just how long it will last, I get the feeling it could be a screen that craps out just after its warranty. Hopefully the acer one does 3d, not much is known about it yet and 3d with no inversion would be awesome at 1440p

Flintstone-314
Level 7
Good luck to the guys above, dealin with ASUS RMA.....honestly, all the best to you.
Acer can NOT be any worse than ASUS. Asus handled our Swift RMAs like trash - so unless Acer drops that thing on concrete and tells me its fixed, it won´t be any worse.
So far the 4k 60hz Gsync Monitor from Acer seems to have a lot less problems than the Swift has. Not to mention that the Swift seems to sell like crap in Germany....they already started selling it with a 15-20% discount on some places.

Asus makes premium products with terrible QA and even worse RMA Service....

The only real issue with the Acer 144hz IPS display seems to be the response time of 4ms g-g. That could be a real problem because 54ms g-g can be up to 15-19ms....

Wait if you can, Freesync monitors from Samsung are out.
They will be cheaper and probably better in all ways.
Hopefully Asus will respond soon with their own freesync monitors soon.

zimzoid
Level 10
Will Nvidia GPUs work with freesync?
4930k/Corsair H110i GT: Rampage IV Black ED motherboard: Gskill 4x4GB 2133MHZ 10 11 11 30 1T: CM V1200w Platinum psu: 2x EVGA GTX980Ti SC ACX++: SoundBlaster Zx: Logitech Z906 5.1-channel speaker system: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD: 1tb WD Black HD/512GB WD Black HD: Asus Swift 144HZ 3D 2560x1440 Display: QNIX QX2710 Evolution II 2560x1440 matte PLS display: Corsair Vengence K70 mechanical keyboard: Corsair M45 mouse: Thermaltake Core V71 full tower Case: Windows 10 64bit

logzz
Level 7
I don't think freesync will work with NVidia gpu's but I could be wrong. Honestly any monitor for me that does 1440p without inversion and can keep the response time semi decent im out of here. I like 3d gamging a lot and when I had my acer I used to use it all the time, with this swift I never use it because I cant really stand seeing the inversion lines. If I look closely I can see them when just scrolling up and down in facebook. This monitor sucks and I feel sorry for people that talk it up. On the whole the monitor is not terrible but I just see it as something on my desk I cant wait to get rid of

logzz wrote:
I don't think freesync will work with NVidia gpu's but I could be wrong. Honestly any monitor for me that does 1440p without inversion and can keep the response time semi decent im out of here. I like 3d gamging a lot and when I had my acer I used to use it all the time, with this swift I never use it because I cant really stand seeing the inversion lines. If I look closely I can see them when just scrolling up and down in facebook. This monitor sucks and I feel sorry for people that talk it up. On the whole the monitor is not terrible but I just see it as something on my desk I cant wait to get rid of

Thats a real shame you don't like this monitor but mine is fine and will probably keep it for a year or two or until IPS are just as smooth for fps gaming as these 144hz/gsync/1ms panels;)
My first 3d screen was a 27inch 120hz 1080p Acer that was awesome with 3d then i went to an Asus 27inch 1080p 2ms 144hz 3dvision2 and the 3d was terrible , it was that bad i never used it in 3d but normal gaming was fine, have not tried 3d on the Swift as i sold my 3d glasses with the Asus vg278he, hope you can find yourself a decent panel you can be happy with good luck mate;)