cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q-code 00 After running fine for a month

LayLo
Level 7
My computer has been running fine for the past month and then this morning I turned it on and within a minute or two I got a BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I restarted my computer, it started up and randomly shut off and restarted itself a couple times. I uninstalled some mouse software as it was the last thing I installed, restarted my computer and now nothing but q-code 00. I reset the CMOS using the button, still q-code 00, tryed the SAFE_BOOT button, still q-code 00. Cpu fan and case fans are working fine. I updated my BIOS to 0901 pretty much the day it came out, and like I said the computer was running fine for the past month.

Thanks for any help.

My build
ASUS Rampage V Extreme
Intel I7-5960x
H100i Water cooler
Corsair Vengeance 2800 RAM
GTX 980
Samsung 850 SSD
Corsair AX1200 PSU
14 REPLIES 14

broncogr
Level 10
Try booting from Bios Number 2

LayLo
Level 7
I tried booting from BIOS Number 2, no difference.

LayLo
Level 7
So, my ROG OC Panel reads 27 degrees celcius, 0 BCLK, 0 multi, and 0 RPM. I believe the 0's are because it hasn't initalized yet, but because the CPU reads hotter then the ambient air temp do you think it would be safe to assume my MB went out and my CPU is fine?

broncogr
Level 10
Was the system overclocked during the month you were using it?
If so what where the clocks and relevant voltages?

LayLo
Level 7
Yes.

First I had it at 4.375Ghz w/ 4.375Ghz Cache. 1.3 Vcore, 1.4 cache voltage, 2.0 input voltage, 125 strap and BCLK. 3Ghz Ram 1.35 RAM voltage. Max temp about 68 degrees celcius. It ran good for about a week, and then I started getting q code 95 and sometimes 96.

I then dropped it to 4.25Ghz w/ 4.25Ghz cache 1.22 Vcore, 1.3 cache voltage, 1.87 input voltage, same strap BCLK and RAM. Max temp 60 degrees celcius.

With both OC's I had Level 9 load line calibartion and extrem power phase control for CPU and RAM.

broncogr
Level 10
If I was ta take a guess, I would bet on the cpu going bad rather than the board.
But, once again, its just a guess...
Can you try a friend's cpu on the board?

LayLo
Level 7
No, I don't know anyone with a 2011-v3 CPU :(. Do you know anyways of testing it?

I thought those were fairly modest overclocks. I've read where people use some pretty crazy voltages.

Thanks for the help by the way.

LayLo
Level 7
Yah, the button by the USB ports right next to the BIOS flash button. I also flashed it to BIOS 0901 again. Still no go.

If I get a new CPU via RMA and everything works again, do you think I should be concerned with running the same overclocks?

It's mainly a work PC, I use it for rendering, but I love being able to game while rendering with those overclocks lol.