cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Built my first rig... PLX issues?

Neuxchar
Level 7
Hello all!

I've just built my first rig with the following componenets...
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA motherboard.
ASUS GTX 970 Strix Gcard
Hyper Evo 212 CPU Cooler
CS750M Gold Standard PSU...

I have 5 fans going at full speed yet my PC keeps 'overheating'. The BIOS comes up saying "PLX Over Temperature!!"
However this doesn't make sense as my CPU temp has never gone higher than 44c and the VRM temps between 27-66c

So I just don't get it! 😞 I've got my Graphics card in PCIE_X16/x8_1 (only using 1 card) so why is PLX even running? I thought this only happened with multiple card? Is there any way to disable it? / Any other advice?

Thanks for any advice in advance!!

(More details)
CPU 028.0c
MB: 25.0c
VRM TEMP1 32c
VRM TEMP2 27c
VRM TEMP3 25c
16 REPLIES 16

Nate152
Hello Neuxchar and welcome

The maximums vi formula does not have a plx chip so it has to be a false reading/warning.

Neuxchar
Level 7
Any idea what I can do to bypass this? / any idea what may be causing it?

Thank you for your quick response 🙂

Nate152
You're welcome

I'm not sure why you would get a plx over temperature warning when you don't have a plx chip.

You could update the bios and see if that makes the warning disappear.

Neuxchar
Level 7
There doesn't seem to be a bios update out there for the MAXIMUS VI Formula board? 😞

Nate152
There are bios updates for your motherboard but before doing this check on the monitoring tab in the bios if there is a plx temp, if there is set it to ignore.

If not try a bios update. Are you on the original bios your motherboard came with?

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=MAXIMUS+VI+FORMULA&os=30

Neuxchar
Level 7
I will check now 🙂
Would you say
Version 2.00.02 is the bios I should download? As I am using a 4th Gen processor?

*Thanks again 🙂

Nate152

Neuxchar
Level 7
Ok I have updated to 1603 🙂 Couldnt find PLX in the MBOARD settings...
So I'll shove on Witcher 2 and see what happens... usually crashing after 30-50mins of play so will update with results!
Cheers 🙂

Nate152
All right

Let me know if you still get the plx over temperature warning and if you are still crashing.

Let's hops the bios update solved this too.