cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus 28" IPS Gsync 120hz 4k 3840 × 2160

Randy_Randerson
Level 7
So since displayport 1.3 was released on September 15, 2014. How long until Asus has a 28" IPS 4k monitor capable of 120hz? Or are all the different companies using the same 27" IPS panel to produce all their 4k monitors?
3 REPLIES 3

Duke_of_Alinor
Level 7
I am gaming just fine on their present 4K 60 Hz monitor.
I will never buy nVidia's proprietary technology, it should have been cooperative with ATI and free.
That being said - 60Hz is actually fast enough if you can hold it. 120Hz in gaming is usually a high water mark, not a sustained output at higher resolutions and pretty eye candy. Check the reviews on what you have to trade off to hold 60Hz at 1440, let alone 4K. Put that Gsync money in more video card power and wait for freesync IMO.

BTW
http://wccftech.com/nvidia-promises-support-freesync/

Randy_Randerson
Level 7
What I really want is a 28" IPS panel at 60hz for MMO and productivity. I have the 28" Samsung 4k monitor but its a TN panel. It's great for everything but its my main monitor so i sit right in front of it. It's viewing angles aren't good enough to be anywhere else in my setup.

But at the moment it seems like everyone is using the same 27" IPS panel packaged by 4 different brands selling the same thing at like the same price.

Zenairis
Level 7
4k 144 Hz panels won't appear until DisplayPort 1.3 is phased in. You're looking at more than a year before we see panels like that.