cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next ASUS G75xx Release and SLI GPUs?

xXLXx
Level 7
Do you think ASUS ROG, would keep up with gaming laptops this year? With SLI GPUs, and when do you think it would be? Because currenlty I'm planning to get a G751JY, but all laptops are already getting to SLI Graphics, and I'm a total ASUS fan :cool:
8 REPLIES 8

Edweird
Level 10
xXLXx wrote:
Do you think ASUS ROG, would keep up with gaming laptops this year? With SLI GPUs, and when do you think it would be? Because currenlty I'm planning to get a G751JY, but all laptops are already getting to SLI Graphics, and I'm a total ASUS fan :cool:

I think ASUS' MO is more focused on dependable, more value oriented gaming machines. I can't remember a SLI ASUS laptop.

X-ROG
Level 15
We are not planning an SLI laptop. Heat, cost, 'driver concerns' (speed at which we can update) and size/weight are all negative factors. We no longer make DT replacements as the market prefers more capable and affordable SFF DTs instead. Very, very few NB are SLI because of this and the fact GTX 980M gives closer to PCIE card performance than ever before.

MarshallR wrote:
We are not planning an SLI laptop. Heat, cost, 'driver concerns' (speed at which we can update) and size/weight are all negative factors. We no longer make DT replacements as the market prefers more capable and affordable SFF DTs instead. Very, very few NB are SLI because of this and the fact GTX 980M gives closer to PCIE card performance than ever before.

Yeah a lot of NB like MSI and Alienware already pulled out their SLI's because of this reason. But how do you think would ROG compensate with the problem of playing GTA V or AC Unity smoothly on ultra settings? a graphics amplifier?

I'm really excited on when ASUS will release an update of their ROG laptops. I'm actually waiting for an announcement till the end of this year, then I'll surely get one.

xXLXx wrote:
Yeah a lot of NB like MSI and Alienware already pulled out their SLI's because of this reason. But how do you think would ROG compensate with the problem of playing GTA V or AC Unity smoothly on ultra settings? a graphics amplifier?

I'm really excited on when ASUS will release an update of their ROG laptops. I'm actually waiting for an announcement till the end of this year, then I'll surely get one.

Seriously? I have been playing AC Unity at maxed setting without issues with only one Gtx980m. And let's keep it straight, that game is one poorly optimized PC version. Why would you need a 980m SLI in order to play those games -_- ? And another thing, do not think that everyone is eager to pay that much in order to play on their laptops at amazingly high settings. If you wanna go all 4k and get the most out of the nowadays graphics then just go for a desktop. ASUS also makes amazingly powerful desktops like the RoG Tytan.

NitroX wrote:
Seriously? I have been playing AC Unity at maxed setting without issues with only one Gtx980m. And let's keep it straight, that game is one poorly optimized PC version. Why would you need a 980m SLI in order to play those games -_- ? And another thing, do not think that everyone is eager to pay that much in order to play on their laptops at amazingly high settings. If you wanna go all 4k and get the most out of the nowadays graphics then just go for a desktop. ASUS also makes amazingly powerful desktops like the RoG Tytan.

AC Unity on GTX980M stutters on some parts of the game a bit. You could get around 30 FPS and sometimes drops on maxed out settings. Yes I would love an ASUS RIG, but at the same time I'm a programmer so I won't want leaving my work at home; and getting both a laptop and a PC would be more expensive than buying a really cool looking ROG laptop which I could carry along with me and use for gaming and work.

And just image if ever ASUS would have like an option to turn your laptop into somewhat a RIG on demand, through a graphics amplifier maybe? like Alienware's (I think ASUS has a long time ago XG Station). So I could just plug in a desktop graphics card and a 4K resolution monitor.

NitroX
Level 10
That would be a too expensive solution to even be conceived. There aren't many enthusiasts that would spend so much money just to have the ability to use a desktop GPU with a RoG laptop. To be honest, it wouldn't even be worth the investment since the newest mobile GPU's are pretty close to their desktop versions.

About AC Unity, the low FPS is caused by the game itself. Look at GTA V. That is one awesome looking game that runs smooth and nice at full details on the G751JY.

bhaviljain68
Level 7
Hey, Just bumping in the Conversation to support NitroX's claim.

I have ACU installed and just last night i installed GTA 5. now i agree with the Performance being "ok-ok" on ACU bt that the developers fault, it happened with AC 4 as well. Bt GTA 5 blew my mind yesterday. i'm in love with my laptop (G751-JY). Maxxed out settings and smooth 60 FPS, surprisingly
it was also giving me a smooth 28-30 FPS on battery!!! That is like crazy!!!!!!!!!!! and now I get it... its coz the game is actually optimized for PC unlike half-ass ports of game like ACU or DA: inquisition or FC4

AsSaSsInJ0HN
Level 7
Asus pls give us a Graphics Amplifier like Alienware 😄 !!!