Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    ROG Member Array

This is so weird, I used Nero 10 Express and I burned it just like I downloaded, I even extract the files, made a new ISO, also downloaded the file one more time and nothing happens! I tried hitting the ESC key at botting time and it seems that it won't even detect the DVD, it tells me to select the boot device and gives me only two options:
    PO: Hitachi
    P2: MAT****ABO-MLT
    I don't know what to do now!! :S

Please help!!

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array JRd1st's Avatar

Go into your BIOS and make your DVD the first priority to boot from. You can leave it that way after you have everything set up.

If that still doesn't work then you still don't have a proper boot dvd, as Brody says. Just burn the ISO as-is. Its already bootable, so you don't need to set any options. I would assume Nero can handle that. But, IMHO Nero is overkill. I use UltraISO - simple, small footprint, and reliable.
    Last edited by JRd1st; 12-25-2011 at 12:40 PM.
    Read the User's Manual for more info.

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
    Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
    LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
    Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
    Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by JRd1st View Post
    Just burn the ISO as-is. Its already bootable, so you don't need to set any options. I would assume Nero can handle that. But, IMHO Nero is overkill. I use UltraISO - simple, small footprint, and reliable.
    Okay, so I burned it with UltraISO and left it untouched!! just as I downloaded it and I still get the same error when setting DVD as my top priority!! I think the problem is on the source file which I downloaded from here, Do you or any one else have any reliable sources? If the file is fine, then does that mean that the problem is with my computer hardware?

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by artcgix View Post
    If the file is fine, then does that mean that the problem is with my computer hardware?
    Does the optical drive always appear in the BIOS? When you say it doesn't work, do you mean that you always get that message suggesting your disk isn't a bootable device? (I.e., it's not that the CD device itself just isn't there....)

ROG Member Array

Problem solved!!!! As expected I had the wrong source file, if any one else is having this problem make sure you download X17-24209.iso, thank you all for your support and help, I am running on a clean windows intall and I already updated its drivers, except for SM Bus Controller which I couldn't find!! :S

Also, earlier on this thread someone mention a utility called "Smart Logon" Is that exclusively for G53sx - s1218v? Because I am on a G53SX-XT1, and that wasn't on my CD that came with asus..

Quote Originally Posted by artcgix View Post
    Problem solved!!!! As expected I had the wrong source file, if any one else is having this problem make sure you download X17-24209.iso, thank you all for your support and help, I am running on a clean windows intall and I already updated its drivers, except for SM Bus Controller which I couldn't find!! :S

Also, earlier on this thread someone mention a utility called "Smart Logon" Is that exclusively for G53sx - s1218v? Because I am on a G53SX-XT1, and that wasn't on my CD that came with asus..
    SM Bus Controller? Where are you seeing that?

Smart Logon is an Asus program (which should be cause for caution when if you're considering installing it). It's a facial recognition program that, like a fingerprint reader, can substitute for typing in a password to logon. You could install it on any Asus laptop with a webcam.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by BrodyBoy View Post
    SM Bus Controller? Where are you seeing that?
    Here is a screenshot:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6576843241_421d73db3e_b.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	113.3 KB 
ID:	5155

Have you installed the card reader? I suspect that unknown device is a peripheral like the card reader, webcam, or an unrecognized BT device.

I've also sometime seen an unknown device listed like that until the Intel MEI is installed.....but I don't think I've seen that with the newer chipsets. You've installed the latest Intel chipset driver?

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array dstrakele's Avatar

This link confirms Brody's recommendation to install the latest Chipset drivers: http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/sb/cs-013541.htm
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by dstrakele View Post
    This link confirms Brody's recommendation to install the latest Chipset drivers: http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/sb/cs-013541.htm
    that link did the trick! thank you so much to all of you!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4