Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G53SX -bloatware

Retired
Not applicable
Hi
I just bought a G53sx - s1218v.

I want to remove all the bloatware but i'm unsure about what I need and not!
I also want to remove alot of the programs that is running in the background, but what programs do I need?
39 REPLIES 39

BrodyBoy
Level 10
Basically, you don't need ANY of the Asus add-on programs.....not a one.

The only program with an Asus label that you need is actually a driver....it's called the ATK Package. Aside from that, everything else is optional, and almost all of it simply replicates features and functions that Windows can do itself (power management, turning wireless cards on/off, etc). Because it's redundant, and because it's just third-party utilities that Asus throws in willy-nilly, I don't install any of it.

One exception would be whatever BD/DVD player that came with your laptop. Especially if you have a BD drive, Windows doesn't have that functionality itself, so you do need third-party software.

Retired
Not applicable
okok, Is anything needed to use my backlit keyboard? Im having problems getting the keyboard to stay lit!

The ATK package is what controls all the specialized keyboard functions. That's why you need it.

magnuzen wrote:
okok, Is anything needed to use my backlit keyboard? Im having problems getting the keyboard to stay lit!

Make sure you're logged on - the keyboard backlight is disabled until you are - then hit Fn-F4 to turn the backlight on and increase brightness. If that fails, uninstall your current ATK Package in Control Panel-Uninstall a program - REBOOT - and reinstall ATK Package 1.00.0014.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Retired
Not applicable
I couldn't find the version you are talking about. I only find Version V1.0.0010 - is this usable?

Try uninstalling that one and then installing the latest version, 1.00.0014.

Retired
Not applicable
I cant find version 1.00.0014 on the support site for asus g53sx

Can i use Version V1.0.0010 ?

Retired
Not applicable
Thank's guys! Tryed the other version and it worked:)

Retired
Not applicable
Do you guys have any other tips to make my computer faster?:)