cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Swift PG278Q - Only 60hz option problem

lastexit
Level 7
I recently bought Asus Rog Swift PG278Q and I have a gtx 590. My graphic card only have mini display port and DVI's. I bought a Display port to mini display port cable and using it. But I am getting no options but 60hz. I've updated my drivers. Tried other cables but no luck. What do you think is the problem here?
7 REPLIES 7

Volt
Level 9
I'm going to guess that you need a display port cable connection to get above 60hz. That is your graphics card has a Display port connector, with a DP cable connecting it to your Swift.

You might also try emailing technical support to get a definitive answer. I had a question about registering my Swfit with Asus to be protected under the warranty. They emailed me back with an answer in a couple business days.

Justinian
Level 7
Yes, you need a DisplayPort connector. Other types of connectors don't have the bandwidth to do 2560x1440 at more than 60hz.

Justinian
Level 7
Though you say you're using a displayport - minidisplayport adapter. The signals for DisplayPort and MiniDisplayPort should be indentical so technically that should work. Dunno then, sorry!

Yeah I tried two different displayport to minidisplayport adapter, turbo button only shows 60hz though.

Volt
Level 9
Are you using just the mini display port connector of your video card for the Swift? And not using the other DVI connectors for a 2nd monitor?

lastexit
Level 7
Yes, that is true.

Volt
Level 9
Going off the card's number, GTX 590, it looks like it's not high enough spec'd to fully utilize the SWIFT. It says you need a GTX 650 TI Boost or higher, according to the FAQ.

What display connectors does it have?
It has 1x DisplayPort 1.2 connector.

Why does PG278Q only have 1x DisplayPort connection?
Nvidia’s G-Sync input currently requires DisplayPort in order to function, so this is the only input available. All ASUS GTX 650 Ti Boost or higher spec graphics cards have a compatible DisplayPort output.

Which DisplayPort version does it have?
DisplayPort 1.2 is required for native WQHD@144Hz support. All (GTX 650 Ti Boost or higher spec) ASUS GTX graphics cards offer this output.

http://rog.asus.com/339252014/gaming-monitors/faq-rog-swift-pg278q-27-inch-g-sync-gaming-monitor/