cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW Trackpad/Touchpad issues

Zorbla
Level 7
After performing a clean install of windows 8 to eliminate some persistent adware on my computer i've been downloading drivers all day in an attempt to reclaim my lost functionality (keyboard lacking some function keys, track pad not accepting multi-touch functionality and ROG button not changing power modes). I've had some success in that now my function keys work, even though now they lack some of the ascetic appeal as they had before (they used to have a custom pop-up in the middle of the screen, now they have a little bar in the top left corner) and that my ROG button will bring up the power option menus instead of changing them, something that the FAQ section on the ASUS support website informed me is normal my biggest concern is the loss of multi-touch functionality on my trackpad, something which i would use daily as i take notes with this computer in class. I discovered what track-pad was installed however when i went to update my drivers (http://www.synaptics.com/en/drivers.php) it told me several times that the process had failed to complete, upon further investigation in these forums i discovered that my touchpad bears a different name than others it being just "PS/2Compatible Mouse" in mouse properties instead of something along the lines of synaptic touchpad V... If you have any information that could aid me in my search it'd be greatly appreciated as i've been struggling for what seems like a millennia. It seems evident that this is a driver issue and i'm going to continue my search for the appropriate one, thanks in advance.
1 REPLY 1

rproe
Level 7
I was just piddling with my touchpad drivers as well, and noticed that the device was also listed as "PS/2 Compatible Mouse". I downloaded the "Windows 8 64bit - V16.2.11.7 - Synaptics Touchpad Driver - 2013.07.01 update" from http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&m=G75VW

After running and rebooting, the device was listed as "Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad" in the device manager, and functionality was restored.

(I got a similar 'failed to complete / synaptics device not found error when trying to install the Windows 7 driver initially, V15.3.43.0)