Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

i just use microfabric cloth or linen.. just wipe it softly... cause washing it with alchohol or water will make the rubber finish sticky

New ROGer Array

Has anyone else actually tried using isoprpoyl pads for cleaning the rubber (oil attaining) parts of their computer? Which is the BEST way to clean those parts? (i.e. keyboard area)

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Exostenza View Post
    The best thing to clean the rubberized surface of the top and where your palms rest are isopropyl alcohol pads you can get 100 for like 2 bucks at your pharmacy. They work like a bloody charm. They also work a treat on taking off thermal paste.

Just NEVER touch your screen with them

Seems like that might be pretty hard on a rubberized surface over time. I know that armor all used to make a dash cleaner/treatment for cars that was alcohol based and they soon got a really bad reputation and removed the alcohol. It was drying the dashes out and causing them to crack.

I know the dash of a car and our laptops are two different surfaces but food for thought.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

I wouldn't use isopropyl alcohol either. Best choice would be an anti-static screen cleaner. If not, then try distilled water or just use a high density screen cleaning cloth, like this http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Mh4C7PqEbX...ning+cloth.jpg . Using just the cloth works for removing light fingerprints. Just rub in circles on the specific spot with a moderate intensity and it will go away.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

I use medicinal/sanitary alcohol on all surfaces (including the screen) to clean my Laptop and Computer. It's great against any type of smudge.

Wow, 15 posts, 2 pages... and only 3 answers are relevant to the OP question.

This thread is about cleaning the rubber... Everyone knows how to clean the screen, plastic, metal etc.

But HOW TO CLEAN the RUBBER without damaging it!? RUBBER tends to absorb the dirt in its volume, so the dirt, fat etc. get INSIDE the rubber, not only stay at its surface.

Anyone tried to use some kind of oil/foam to get rid of the fat and dirt inside the rubber? ANY ideas?
    Maybe some foam for cleaning INOX surfaces - its often comes with some oil?

Some are just using microfiber - dry: http://forum.notebookreview.com/alie...palm-rest.html
    Last edited by Sanctrum; 01-22-2015 at 08:39 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Well, I just did a big order from Amazon and threw this in there too... http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00E19H9U0

I'll post up my results when it shows up in a day or so.
    Last edited by fabrimacator21; 01-23-2015 at 04:01 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Well I tried screen cleaning solution and it didn't work so that's a bummer.

And now the lid has developed shiny patches in some areas as opposed to matte finish possibly because of me trying 3-4 solutions and wiping that thing constantly for past hour.

Guess the damage is permanent now. Sigh

Is no one else facing this problem? Or Perhaps I am going crazy.

I don't think the damage is permanent. Try the simple solution of distilled water + isopropyl alcohol to remove the solutions that you have used.

I'm quite amazed that the screen cleaners didn't work. And neither of them. What sort of screen cleaners did you bought and how did you apply them ?

PS: Also try to make circular moves with a microfibercloth (a very dense one, not like the cloth from ASUS )

Currently this rubberized case surface is a deal breaker for me.
    1. Can't be cleaned.
    2. In 1 or 2 years, I am pretty sure, it starts to detach (first at edges) and/or starts to perish/shrivel/wrinkle (not sure how to translate it to English).

So BIG MESS. Who designed this crap? Rubberized case is good only for phones and short life devices... Why everyone started to copy Apple stupid ideas without any reflection? (yes, Apple started it first with rubberized IPhone case). Thinking hurts... Glossy LCD screens, curved TV screens, rubberized cases, 3D active glasses, non-removable batteries... and from the other side TONS of unwanted software. Marketing is full of morons... And we buy all this **** from them... So we get what we deserve.
    Last edited by Sanctrum; 01-29-2015 at 10:29 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast