Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Dark2099 View Post
    I'll give that a go this evening. I'm in the process of backing up some important files while I have it mostly working, just in case the board needs to come out and i'll be stuck on the laptop for a while. I should mention that this PC has been running for close to 3 years now with almost no issue, and none of the voltage settings have been touched before. I've been running on "Optimized Defaults".
    The PC has been running for three years, I asked you to change the bios you never replied? I can't make you doing anything. The PSU is gone!! I don't care who made it, running on boarder line power with 3 GPU'S for three years constant.................... What ever you do don't try another bios!!!!

ROG Member Array

What? I said twice that I tried switching the BIOS as per your recommendation. Absoultely nothing changed. 1200W is more than enough to handle the 3 cards, and i've disabled them for quite some time now. They also run in low power mode so the extra 2 cards only spin up when they are actually needed... I have NOT been running at full capacity for 3 years. Again, i've tried pulling out all the extra components and running with a spare 1000W PSU, and the same voltage spikes occur.

Given everything that i've tested at this stage, I see no other explanation other than the motherboard itself being faulty. If ASUS support ever gets back to me I will confirm that.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

You know it all!
    A PSU running none stop for three years lol fail, good luck with yer RMA experiments!

ROG Member Array

Ok so if that's the case why did a completely different power supply not solve it? The PSU was my first inclination as well but basic troubleshooting eliminated it as a problem. While I appreciate the responses and attempt at help, you clearly don't have a clue. So thanks, but i'm done wasting my time here. I'm currently on the phone with ASUS support and they will undoubtedly confirm that the PSU is not to blame, but the motherboard itself is faulty.

ROG Member Array

Just wanted to drop in and update in case anybody has a similar problem and finds this thread. My RMA replacement showed up yesterday. Using all the same components (RAM, PSU, 3x video, etc.) I wired everything and booted it up. 100% fixed. Everything is running great again, the voltages are normal again. Life is good.

So yes, it was the motherboard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2