cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74SX 285.62 driver cannot install

rip_abbott
Level 7
After installing BF3 i've been prompted to install the correct drivers to run the game. When trying to install Nvidia 285.62 driver for my 560m, i get the following error:
NVIDIA Installer cannot continue
This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware.

I have been searching everywhere on how to fix this issue but nothing has resolved it. I've tried using a moddified INF which some claimed to have success with but it was not the case for me, and yes i've selected the correct driver for the correct hardware.

Any fix would be greatly appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

JRd1st
Level 12
You using the notebook version?
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Yes, i am. It also gives me the same error when trying to use the 285.38 beta driver

JRd1st
Level 12
OK, lets see what's going on.

Go into Control Panel >> Device Manager >> Display Adapter >> NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M >> Properties >> Details >> Hardware ID's

Could you please copy and paste what you see under Hardware ID's here.

Also could you tell us which G74 you have?
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Yahooligan
Level 7
Just to be 100% sure, you did select "GeForce 500M Series (Notebooks)" from the drop-down, which then added an additional drop-down menu where you could select "GeForce GTX 560M" and then you selected Windows 7 64-bit?

If you didn't have the drop-down to select the GTX 560M GPU then you downloaded the desktop drivers. By default the driver page has "GeForce 500 Series" selected and that is for desktop GPUs.
--
Yahooligan
ASUS G74SX-XR1 :cool:

Retired
Not applicable
I know everyone is asking you about using the notebook driver but it's so easy to download the desktop 560 driver by mistake. For giggles go back to nvidea site OR open your display properties so you could adjust your video card settings and click on menus to let your drivers auto update for you. Good luck! I did this too and quickly found my palm to forhead saying "doh!". Hope it's just as easy for you!