cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stress test results good or bad?

ExtRemeOcD
Level 7
Just installed my H100i from the stock intel cooler and ran a few stress tests...are these results looking good

ROG realbench max temp 63
intel burn test maximum settings.. max temp 83

these are at stock 4790k clock speeds with the turbo to 4.4 turned on
22 REPLIES 22

Nate152
yeah that's good temps, but I can almost guarantee you at stock settings your cpu is getting overvolted.

Stick with realbench as you can see your temps are much better with it and it's easier on your cpu.

ExtRemeOcD
Level 7
havent touch voltage.. it is at 1.264. should i lower the voltage or just up the multiplier a few notches

Nate152
You could set it manually to 1.30v then set the core ratio to 46.

Run the realbench stress test with your temp monitoring program to see you are stable and where temps are. if you're stable raise the core ratio to 47 and test again. See how far you can go with 1.30v.

If temps are good you can push higher.

ExtRemeOcD
Level 7
ok ran at 1.3 volts 4.6 max temp 72 what do you think up multiplier or lower voltage a bit

Nate152
Your temps are fine. Stress testing temps will always be higher than your gaming temps. So you can take the temps into the 80's with realbench and still be good with your gaming temps.

Just raise the core ratio to 47 and test again.

You catch on quick.:)

ExtRemeOcD
Level 7
4.7 same volts temp 73 gonna push to 4.8

ExtRemeOcD
Level 7
ok now at 4.8 vcore 1.30 blue screen FAIL ! now what do you suggest. does it look like i have a decent chip

Nate152
So far it seems like you have a good overclocking cpu.

I didn't mean to turn this into an overclocking session but if you want we can continue.

Do you want to see how far you can go?

ExtRemeOcD
Level 7
not to the point of frying but sure. last test was at 4.8 vcore 1.30 and it failed