cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG MATRIX-R9280X-3GD5 LED indicator not working?

bleedie
Level 7
I've had this card (ROG MATRIX-R9280X-3GD5) for about a year and 3 months. I recently noticed the MATRIX LED-indicator was off all the time. I usually have my side panel shut (obviously) and it hasn't been windowed in the past. Now however I've switched to a panel with a window and I noticed right away the leds weren't lighting up.

Now I was wondering if this could be a software issue, maybe I've got a setting somewhere causing them to turn off? Or can they be controlled via software? Is the indicator broken?

Help would be much appreciated. Now that I have a window on the panel, I'd very much like to see the card light up.
3 REPLIES 3

bleedie
Level 7
Anything? Should I RMA the card?

bleedie wrote:
Anything? Should I RMA the card?

RMA process do take time and is alot of hassle on your end (like, having no gpu at all to play, etc)
it is true that not having that light working is a huge annoying thing to see.

as long as the card is working as intended, I wouldnt rma it if I were you.
but if you really want it to work again, probably rma it. chances that power cable or control cable inside the case doesnt fit properly, which require opening the case.
Aristo, an Enthusiast Gamer
Play on Steam? Add me http://steamcommunity.com/id/heichalot/

"Everytime my setting passes HyperPi or Prime95, I get a boner"
-me

LG 60UN5400 Asus Rampage V Extreme Intel i7-5930k Haswell-E Kingston HyperX DDR4 2800 16Gb (4x4)
Asus RoG Ares II no. 789 & 179 Corsair AX1200 NZXT Kraken x60 Bose Companion 5 Sennheiser HD600 Logitech G13 Corsair K95 Logitech G500 Logitech HD Pro C920 Coolermaster Haf X

bleedie
Level 7
I suppose I could live with not having the leds light up. It really does suck but not having my computer for a week or several weeks isn't really an option for me to be honest - it would screw me over pretty badly.

I really wanted it to be a software problem. 😞