Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

HeyHo, i have created / compiled an .exe- File with Auto-IT. It replaced the ShadowPlay Recording- Feature on the ShadowPlay Button with the Windows 10 GameDVR Recording Method. What's not working is the small recording Indication LED on the ShadowPlay Key. But as you may guess; it will only work with Windows 10

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by WEissbr0t View Post
    HeyHo, i have created / compiled an .exe- File with Auto-IT. It replaced the ShadowPlay Recording- Feature on the ShadowPlay Button with the Windows 10 GameDVR Recording Method. What's not working is the small recording Indication LED on the ShadowPlay Key. But as you may guess; it will only work with Windows 10
    can you host it somewhere?

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array Gps3dx PC Specs
    Gps3dx PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Current: G751JT | Retired: G55VW, G51JX
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Storage #1Samsungs EVO 850 128GB
    Storage #21TB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 (HTS721010A9E630)
    CPU CoolerMother Nature & Thermodynamics laws
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Headset/Speakers Logitech T6060
    OS Cleaned installed Windows 10 HOME x64
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Exclamation

THIS SOLUTION IS DEPRECATED !!
    GO HERE FOR LATEST SOLUTION !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gps3dx View Post
    Look at my thread HERE
    it ain't perfect: sometime fn+F3/F4/F7/F9 doesn't works while all my other remaps works well ( fn+down/right/left ) - BUT I have already upload a creative fix for that.

Even WITHOUT my solution ( aka AsusNbKeys ) you can still have the ability to COMPLETELY CHANGE the "STEAM" fn key !
    You do that by Hex editing of HContol.exe and inserting additional exe inside "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam" root folder - the same level as steam.exe sits.
    I think that method can work as well for links and cmd batch files - but i didn't tried that - I put my choosen exe inside steam's folder.
    after that open HEX editor ( I use Notepad++ with HEX editor plugin ) and look for:
    %s\Steam.exe "steam://open/bigpicture"
    Attachment 47947
    Change that string, so only the "%s\" is left, and the rest is 0 in HEX value ( look at the picture ).
    then, after the %s\write the filename+extention of your own file ( in my case its an exe called "WCSwitcher" which I wrote to toggle the camera on/off - instead of going to the device manager and do that manually )
    Attachment 47946
    After you've made changes - save the Hcontrol.exe and replace the current working inside the ATK package folder ( C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATK Hotkey )
    Hope this helps you.
    SOLVED!!! RECONFIG ANY KEY ON G751JT/Y on Windows 10!!! (possibly also on any other ROG laptop)
    I reported in the past that using "Asus notebook keys, v1.3" ( FROM THIS SOURCE ) works on Windows 8.1
    That program, after a little setup which I'll describe here for WINDOWS 10 ( should be the same on windows 8.1 ) GIVE THE ABILITY TO CONFIG ANY KEYBOARD BUTTON, INCLUDING SPECIAL ONE LIKE fn+key, "ShadowPlay", "Steam", etc.... ( BUT NOT m1,m2,m3 ) !!!!
    Do you want to Map "ShadowPlay" to "ESC" instantly, without any delay ??? this guide is for you !

How to install:
    1. install official Asus ATK driver "ATKPackage_Win10_64_VER100039"
    2. Download the ZIPs I attach to this post and extract ----->>> AsusNbKeysCtr-1.3fix.zip
    3. Copy "AsusNbKeysCtrl.exe" + "AsusNbKeys.exe" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATK Hotkey"
    4. Give them both permanent "Admin prevleges" by right-click->properties->compatability->"run this program as admin"
    5. from within "ATK Hotkey" folder, SAVE A COPY OF THE ORIGINAL FILE "HControl.exe" somewhere safe OUTSIDE OF "C" Drive !!!!
    ( because any file within C drive need to have admin prevleges inorder to be edited )
    6. Now copy that backup again, and rename it "HControl.exe" so you'll be able to edit that exe.
    7. EDIT "HControl.exe" by using any HEX-editing software (like the free Notepad++ with Hex addon) by FOLLOWING THIS GUIDE
    Basicly, you search for unicode-string "ATK0100 AC EVENT %d" which ends with HEX value of "20 25 64".
    Change these HEX value to "00 00 00", which removes the " %d" after the string "ATK0100 AC EVENT"
    SAVE changes!!!
    8. Make sure you've make step #5 !
    only then, Copy the modded "HControl.exe" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATK Hotkey" - overwrite the existing
    ***if you cannot copy/overwrite HControl.exe", that is because that exe currently running.
    Thus, open Task Manager and "end task" of that exe.
    then return to copy/overwrite the file.
    How to Config a key:
    1. open "AsusNbKeysCtrl.exe" and configure any key to your liking
    2. if you config a keyStroke there might be a "BUG" that causes "ctrl", "shift", "alt" to be "enabled" always, without the ability to disable them - BUT I now a hack for that:
    A. Within "AsusNbKeysCtrl.exe", MAKE SURE you're in the middle of config of some key, meaning that you CAN change the "Keystroke" checkbox and its right-most drop-down-list settings & you see the "ctrl", "shift", "alt" checks ENABLED BUT GRAYED !
    B. Now, download, extract "ProcessHacker" from THIS LINK ( make sure to run AS ADMIN(!) the x64 exe ! )
    C. Then, with "ProcessHacker.exe" open, search for "AsusNbKeysCtrl.exe", right click it->"Misc.."->choose "Windows" -> another window popup.
    D. Open the (only) tree benith "IME" ( supose to be a number like #32770 ) -> right click each of "ctrl+", "shift+", "alt+" -> choose "enabled"
    E. Now, within "AsusNbKeysCtrl.exe", you're able to enable/disable them as you wish.
    3. After EACH KEY config click "Save" !
    4. After you've finish input/config -> PRESS "Stop AsusNbKeys process" -> Press "Sace all changes to system" -> manually run "AsusNbKeys.exe" from "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATK Hotkey"
    *** DO NOT kill "AsusNbKeys.exe" from the TASK manager, accourding to AsusNbKeys Dev.

NOTE: ONLY known issue with this method is that F3,F4,F7, F9 original binding ( I.E key's brightness down/up, screen off, touchpad on/off ) don't respond - meaning that if you find an app/exe that can emulate this actions - LET US KNOW -> because if we remap these buttons -> ISSUE solved.

SHARE YOUR "AsusNbKeys" EXPERIENCE with us !!!
    P.S - I'm NOT "AsusNbKeys" developer, so DO NOT ask me for any changes/upgrades/etc for AsusNbKeys.

Gps3dx PC Specs
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

GO HERE FOR LATEST SOLUTION !!!
    P.S - I'm NOT "AsusNbKeys" developer, so DO NOT ask me for any changes/upgrades/etc for AsusNbKeys.
    Let me just say that after the long hours I put into solving this "puzzle" - someone reported that my guide is "Stolen"...Even thought I clearly wrote that i'm NOT the original developer of AsusNbKeys AND i've put links to credit the original authors posts !!!
    Now i'm really mad !:mad:

Never-the-less.... I found the final solution to the following issues:
    NOTE: ONLY known issue with this method is that F3,F4,F7, F9 original binding ( I.E key's brightness down/up, screen off, touchpad on/off ) don't respond - meaning that if you find an app/exe that can emulate this actions - LET US KNOW -> because if we remap these buttons -> ISSUE solved.
    and
    2. if you config a keyStroke there might be a "BUG" that causes "ctrl", "shift", "alt" to be "enabled" always, without the ability to disable them - BUT I now a hack for that:
    So what I did is I read this post from another forum ( so credit goes to "download1001s" and "NP_"->AsusNbKeys developer ) and wonders -> it works on win 10 x64 PARTIALLY ! -> how come ? well, the ATKOSD is older, and the touchpad on/off isn't responding BUT it is possible AsusNbKeys WITH WORKING keyboard backlight on/off ( F3+F4 ) and Screen off (F7) ! ( so half solution already ! )

To "update" the ATKOSD (which is the exe that gves you the GUI visual indication of the action you've pressed ) I've download the latest ATK for Win 10 x64 "ATKPackage_Win10_64_VER100039" from asus site, extracted "409.msi" and extracted the MSI installer (with the help of this post) so I could have the installed files, withOUT actually install them. after that i've copied ATKOSD2 folder content to "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATKOSD2" -> SO NOW ATKOSD is updated.

To SOLVE TOUCHPAD ON/OFF (F9) not switching AT ALL i've took (from the previous extracted 409.msi) the file ElanTPCfg64.exe and replaced the existing, which sits in "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATK Hotkey". I also took "ElanTPCfg.exe" but its not importent as on x64 OS I've installed x64 ELAN touchpad driver and this file is probably for the x32 version of ELAN driver, which isn't necessary in most cases.

So to sum all up in the next post...
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos Steam-icon.png  

Videocamera-32.png  

Archivos Adjuntos

Gps3dx PC Specs
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Lightbulb GUIDE: HOW TO CONFIG FN COMBO (fn+key) INCLUDING "ShadowPlay", "Steam", "ROG"

THE GUIDE WAS TRANSFERRED TO ITS OWN NEW THREAD LINKED HERE.
    since this guide grow larger and larger, and this thread's title doesn't reflect at all any of what this app/guide can offer the ROG community and the hard work that was put into updating AsusNbKeys, I decided to open up a new thread, something I rarely do, and for the benefits of the ROG community.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos ROG_x40.png  

AsusNbKeys_GUI_75.png  

Archivos Adjuntos

New ROGer Array

Red face

Please, can you make a video tutorial to this

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

The file has been deleted , please re upload it

Gps3dx PC Specs
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Quote Originally Posted by Gps3dx
    How to remap "ROG"Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ROG_x40.png 
Views:	1474 
Size:	4.9 KB 
ID:	51987 button as "NumLock"
    As "AsusNbKeys" doesn't support it out-of-the-box

1. Perform the guide above (HOW TO CONFIG ANY FN COMBO (fn+key)) to the letter !
    2. Create new txt file somewhere safe, that you DON'T delete AT ALL with the following content:
      ( like "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATK Hotkey" folder )
      If Not WScript.Arguments.Named.Exists("elevate") Then
      CreateObject("Shell.Application").ShellExecute WScript.FullName _
      , WScript.ScriptFullName & " /elevate", "", "runas", 1
      WScript.Quit
      End If

set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
      objShell.sendkeys "{NumLock}"
      * Explanation: the 1st part runs the vbs script with admin privileges. this needed so you can use the remap feature even during full-screen games, not just during desktop work.
      2nd part is the command to issue an emulated press on"NumLock"
    3. save the changes & rename the file NumLock.vbs ( or WHATEVER.vbs )
    4. open AsusNbKeysCtrl
    5. Press "add new event" -> immediately press "ROG"Click image for larger version. 

ID:	51987 button.
    6. Tick the "Execute file" and choose "c:\Windows\System32\wscript.exe".
    7. under "Parameters" add //nologo then the FULL PATH to the VBS file you've created INSIDE DOUBLE EQUATE !
      Example:
      //nologo "PATH\NumLock.vbs"
      Please NOTE: the PATH MUST BE compatible with MS-DOS 8.3 filename structure !
      I.E 6 letters + "~#" while # is the number of repeated appearance of the 6 letters".
      Example:
      //nologo "C:\Progra~2\Asus\ATKPac~1\NumLock.vbs"
      Explanation: "Progra~2" = "Program Files (x86)" NOT "Program Files", because that folder is 2nd in alphabet order !
      Explanation: "ATKPac~1" = ATK Package
      * You can find the compatible msdos 8.3 path name by opening CMD in the dir you have your VBS file and run the following command:
      for %I in (.) do echo %~sI
    8. Press "Save"
    9. Press "Save changes to system" and enjoy your "new" NumLock button.
    Just added a section about how to transform/REMAP "ROG"Click image for larger version. 

ID:	51987 button to be a "NumLock" key.
    Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by JamakeMan View Post
    Please, can you make a video tutorial to this
    I don't plan to do a video guide as the writen guide is simple.
    if you ppl got question, if some step is not understood, please reply with questions.

Quote Originally Posted by dunedune View Post
    The file has been deleted , please re upload it
    What file ?

Gps3dx PC Specs
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

As I updated *yet again*, the main guide I wrote, with a new version of AsusnBKeys that supports Num/Caps/Scroll Lock keys.
    Thus, the following mini-guide is NOT necessary anymore and is deprecated and not recommended.
    Nevertheless, I care that others might learn from my *tricks*, thus I publish the deprecated method here:
    How to remap "ROG"Click image for larger version. 

ID:	51987 button as "NumLock"
    As "AsusNbKeys" doesn't support it out-of-the-box
    NOTE: THIS METHOD IS DEPRECATED THERE IS A BETTER NEWER SOLUTION IN THIS THREAD

1. Perform the guide above (HOW TO CONFIG ANY FN COMBO (fn+key)) to the letter !
    2. Create new txt file somewhere safe, that you DON'T delete AT ALL with the following content:
      ( like "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATK Hotkey" folder )
      If Not WScript.Arguments.Named.Exists("elevate") Then
      CreateObject("Shell.Application").ShellExecute WScript.FullName _
      , WScript.ScriptFullName & " /elevate", "", "runas", 1
      WScript.Quit
      End If

set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
      objShell.sendkeys "{NumLock}"
      * Explanation: the 1st part runs the vbs script with admin privileges. this needed so you can use the remap feature even during full-screen games, not just during desktop work.
      2nd part is the command to issue an emulated press on"NumLock"
    3. save the changes & rename the file NumLock.vbs ( or WHATEVER.vbs )
    4. open AsusNbKeysCtrl
    5. Press "add new event" -> immediately press "ROG"Click image for larger version. 

ID:	51987 button.
    6. Tick the "Execute file" and choose "c:\Windows\System32\wscript.exe".
    7. under "Parameters" add //nologo then the FULL PATH to the VBS file you've created INSIDE DOUBLE EQUATE !
      Example:
      //nologo "PATH\NumLock.vbs"
      Please NOTE: the PATH MUST BE compatible with MS-DOS 8.3 filename structure !
      I.E 6 letters + "~#" while # is the number of repeated appearance of the 6 letters".
      Example:
      //nologo "C:\Progra~2\Asus\ATKPac~1\NumLock.vbs"
      Explanation: "Progra~2" = "Program Files (x86)" NOT "Program Files", because that folder is 2nd in alphabet order !
      Explanation: "ATKPac~1" = ATK Package
      * You can find the compatible msdos 8.3 path name by opening CMD in the dir you have your VBS file and run the following command:

for %I in (.) do echo %~sI
    8. Press "Save"
    9. Press "Save changes to system" and enjoy your "new" NumLock button.
    Last edited by Gps3dx; 08-22-2016 at 11:13 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Serge Ayotte View Post
    THank you for the reg key, but is there a way to have the kbd light at boot up, not just after logging in?
    I was looking into this too, it would make typing the Windows password in the dark, a little easier. Anyone have any luck doing it?
    Thanks in advance.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast