Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

If you still need it, i found a fix, you have to shut down hcontrol.exe in steam to be able to change the file.

ROG Enthusiast Array

So is there anyway we can remap the shadowplay/steambuttons to something else or just completely disable them?
    G751JY-DH71
    Windows 8.1
    Nvidia GTX 980M 4Gig
    Intell® Core™ i7 4710HQ CPU
    24GB RAM

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Hey all, I made a slightly different version as the one in the original post opens steam to games but won't do anything afterwards, this one instead does that but uses the nav command to also reopen the window to the games library which I find much better.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bx3d7u4ds4...ntrol.exe?dl=0

Neither of the two versions of HControl works with me. I am using win 8.1 on G751JT. Any suggestions?
    NVM I didn't read what to do with the exe got it 10x
    Last edited by HazGra; 03-20-2015 at 11:24 PM.

Changed my keyboard backlight settings, was a bit annoying turning off so fast so I set it to 10 minutes.
    Thank you for this thread. =)

ROG Enthusiast Array Swampthing's Avatar

Honestly I would prefer to set the BACKLIGHT timeout so that it NEVER times out. Always on. Does anyone know how to do this?

On a related note, does anyone know how to disable the touchpad when a mouse is plugged in? I used to be able to do this on other ASUS models but haven't figured out how to do it on the G751.
    Last edited by Swampthing; 03-23-2015 at 09:49 PM.
    G751JY-DH72X-17.3-Inch Gaming Laptop
    GTX 980M, i7-4860HQ
    Windows 10, 64 bit
    Razer Deathadder Chroma Mouse
    Screen Resolution: 1900x1080, 60MHz
    Verizon FiOS: Gigabit connection

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Anyone have a fix to make the Sweet ROG button open into anything we want yet?

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array Gps3dx PC Specs
    Gps3dx PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Current: G751JT | Retired: G55VW, G51JX
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Storage #1Samsungs EVO 850 128GB
    Storage #21TB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 (HTS721010A9E630)
    CPU CoolerMother Nature & Thermodynamics laws
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Headset/Speakers Logitech T6060
    OS Cleaned installed Windows 10 HOME x64
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Quote Originally Posted by Rammstein874 View Post
    Anyone have a fix to make the Sweet ROG button open into anything we want yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2menijulia View Post
    what i did was i did in the win 8.1 on my win 10.. and boom..all ok..yup..i am on dual boot
    cannot seem to find the workaround on changing the file...had same error as above previous post...been doing said instructions...but to no avail
    so good thing i was on dual boot
    thanks man for the code on the STEAM BUTTON
    Quote Originally Posted by Rares95 View Post
    If anyone knows how to make the Shadowplay Button work, please leave a comment. I did all the steps it says you must do and it still doesn't do anything.
    Look at my thread HERE
    it ain't perfect: sometime fn+F3/F4/F7/F9 doesn't works while all my other remaps works well ( fn+down/right/left ) - BUT I have already upload a creative fix for that.

Even WITHOUT my solution ( aka AsusNbKeys ) you can still have the ability to COMPLETELY CHANGE the "STEAM" fn key !
    You do that by Hex editing of HContol.exe and inserting additional exe inside "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam" root folder - the same level as steam.exe sits.
    I think that method can work as well for links and cmd batch files - but i didn't tried that - I put my choosen exe inside steam's folder.
    after that open HEX editor ( I use Notepad++ with HEX editor plugin ) and look for:
    %s\Steam.exe "steam://open/bigpicture"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	before.jpg 
Views:	828 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	47947
    Change that string, so only the "%s\" is left, and the rest is 0 in HEX value ( look at the picture ).
    then, after the %s\write the filename+extention of your own file ( in my case its an exe called "WCSwitcher" which I wrote to toggle the camera on/off - instead of going to the device manager and do that manually )
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	After.jpg 
Views:	831 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	47946
    After you've made changes - save the Hcontrol.exe and replace the current working inside the ATK package folder ( C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATK Hotkey )
    Hope this helps you.

P.SHere is an EXE for switching the g751GT camera on/off
    (Download Here:WCSwitcher.zip)
    It will work ONLY for those laptops having camera with ID *PID_B414&MI_00* ( the * means whatever )
    As you can see, I mapped the STEAM button to this exe (WCSwitcher.exe) by manipulation the Hcontrol.exe with Hex edit - as I wrote above.
    How to install: Download the Zip and Extractall files into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam"
    devcon.exe Should be under "C:\windows\SysWOW64".
    Explanation for each file:
    notifu.exe - is a program that enables launching balloon popups in the systray - so you can see the status of the camera switch.
    I took it from HERE.
    devcon.exe - MS developer kit tool - It gives the ability to control devices through CMD.
    WCSwitcher.exe is my own batch script (converted to exe using freeware "Advanced BAT to EXE Converter") that switches the camera on/off as follows:
    Code:
    @ECHO OFF
    CLS
    @ECHO OFF
    setLocal EnableDelayedExpansion

REM SET Name
    REM SET Status
    SET Device=*PID_B414^&MI_00*

set /a n=0
    For /F "tokens=* delims=" %%a in ('devcon status "@%Device%"') DO (
    	set /a n+=1
    	set v!n!=%%a
    )
    set v >nul
    REM echo ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For /F "tokens=2-5 delims= " %%N in ("%v2%") DO (
    	SET Name=%%N %%O %%P %%Q
    )

For /F "tokens=3 delims= " %%S in ("%v3%") DO (
    	SET Status=%%S
    )
    REM echo ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    REM echo Device Named "%Name%" CURRENT Status is %Status%
    IF %Status% EQU running. (
    	devcon disable "@%Device%" >nul
    	echo ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    	echo Device "%Name%" is now DISABLED
    	echo ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    	"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\notifu.exe" /p "Camera Switcher" /m "%Name%, is now DISABLED" /d 5
    )
    IF %Status% EQU disabled. (
    	devcon enable "@%Device%" >nul
    	echo Device "%Name%" is now ENABLED
    	"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\notifu.exe" /p "Camera Switcher" /m "%Name%, is now ENABLED" /d 5
    )
    Last edited by Gps3dx; 03-30-2015 at 08:54 PM. Reason: More info & files

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Swampthing View Post
    Honestly I would prefer to set the BACKLIGHT timeout so that it NEVER times out. Always on. Does anyone know how to do this?

On a related note, does anyone know how to disable the touchpad when a mouse is plugged in? I used to be able to do this on other ASUS models but haven't figured out how to do it on the G751.
    If you set the TurnOffKeybdLight in registry to something like 999999 it should do the trick. Download Asus Smart Gesture, it has the setting you are looking for

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array Gps3dx PC Specs
    Gps3dx PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Current: G751JT | Retired: G55VW, G51JX
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Storage #1Samsungs EVO 850 128GB
    Storage #21TB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 (HTS721010A9E630)
    CPU CoolerMother Nature & Thermodynamics laws
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Headset/Speakers Logitech T6060
    OS Cleaned installed Windows 10 HOME x64
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Quote Originally Posted by Rares95 View Post
    If you set the TurnOffKeybdLight in registry to something like 999999 it should do the trick. Download Asus Smart Gesture, it has the setting you are looking for
    Mostly you are currect with your answer - the TurnOffKeybdLight registry value is in HEX not decimal... so 999999 HEX = 10066329 Decimal = 10066329 Seconds which are 116.508 Days....
    so input FFFFFF will be, theoretical - "NEVER" :-)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast