cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Help] G751Jy - Unable to OC GTX980m ??

Svift
Level 7
Hello everyone,

I have question, I cant change memory and GPU clocks :-(. I tried different version of ASUS GPU twaek for graphics cars. MSI Afterburnet and EVGA precesion also doesnt work.

Changing "GPU Oveclock" in GPU Tweak for notebook does nothing
Changing "Run GPU fan at Full Speed" in GPU Tweak for notebook does nothing

Strange is that I can change the voltage.

Why am I overcloking? Cause you can never have enough power for 144Hz LCD 🙂

Any Ideas?

Solutioin: Revert back to driver version 344.75.
5 REPLIES 5

d0r1n
Level 7
msi afterburner use...i oc +100 and 400 and get 10% more performance in tester

Edweird
Level 10
We all have this issue, its the drivers. Revert to 344.75/80 and it will work fine. It will crash all the time but it will work. You get a max core OC of 135 and memory can go to 10GHz. Mine works fine at 135/6000.

Thank you, Drivers did the trick. I hope it was just one time annomaly. It would sux if nvidia just turned off OC 😞

Svift wrote:
Thank you, Drivers did the trick. I hope it was just one time anomaly. It would sux if nvidia just turned off OC 😞

Svift, it's happened before to Nvidia BETA drivers, usually the problem is fixed before a WHQL driver is shipped, but this time I think there just wasn't enough time to get the game improvements out for new game releases and make the OC functional.

NitroX
Level 10
Yep, it's the drivers from Nvidia that kill the OC capability. I'm currently using 344.75, though I don't even OC my GPU since the CPU gets too hot. By the way, I also have GPU Tweak but I can't seem to find that window where I can choose to go full speed for the GPU Fan. Or that option isn't available for the G751 series ?