cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power4gear wont install after clean install, says my comp is not asus ?

kaltoreth
Level 8
Greetings!

So, i decided to make a clean install, and installed my win7 ultimate version.I bought ultimate for my other laptop, so its not a rat or anything. Just to get that out of the way. I like my windows legal.

But when i decided to "hand" pick what programs i want on my g74sx, i got the error "This program will only run on an Asus computer" ...

..que ? :confused::confused:

Since i reccon i need it for gaming mode, together with that intel technology thingy, i only picked power4gear, intel turbo thingy, and the intel turbo monitor thingy from the disc that came with my g74sx.

So, any wise words from the Lords of Rog ? 😃
I am but humble Novice, who likes to play games, and rage on vent.

The Kal
Everybody remember where we parked.
-James Kirk, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, after landing the cloaked Klingon bird of prey in Golden Gate park

..and yes, I drive an electric car yo.
8 REPLIES 8

BrodyBoy
Level 10
Have you installed the ATK package yet? That installs some registry entries that properly identify your computer for other Asus programs.

It's one of the few required programs you have to put on your short list after a clean install.

JRd1st
Level 12
Are you using your driver cd? This is a case where it might be useful.
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

He can just download the latest programs/drivers. Installing from the CD doesn't make a difference in this....it's just a matter of installing the ATK package.

For Asus laptop clean installs, I use the sequence:
1. Windows
2. Chipset
3. ATK Package
4. everything else

I've never even opened one of those driver CDs! (I assume they're in the box somewhere, but I never bothered to look.)

dstrakele
Level 14
Seeing how Power4Gear interfaces with the ROG key, installing the ATK Package first makes perfect sense.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Yeah - I isntalled the ATK package, latest version ....0014 something. Downloaded it. Rebooted and installed some windows updates. Then i installed the Power4Gear thingy, and just get the error that says my comp have to be an asus 😃

It's weird as hell !
-James Kirk, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, after landing the cloaked Klingon bird of prey in Golden Gate park

Hmmm.....I went through this about a year ago and finally discovered that it was the the ATK package that changed the registry and allowed the Asus installers to identify the machine. Seems like any Asus ATK should work, but maybe you should re-try with the ATK version that your machine shipped with.

If that doesn't work, I'd start over and install the chipset and ATK driver first.

Succsess!

I uninstalled the .00014 version, and download the ......08 version fro asus site. Works now 😃

cheers!

BrodyBoy
Level 10
Great! Glad it worked out. (Good to learn that you apparently need the original ATK....)